Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Ammo mfg explosion

• Thank you received: 5

Ammo mfg explosion was created by glkingar

Just a friendly reminder to be careful reloading. It only takes a small mistake to have a big result.

One man was critically injured after a fire sparked an explosion at a black powder business in Clarksville early Tuesday (May14), said Brandon Morris, spokesman for the Arkansas Department of Emergency Management.
Jared Dean, the business owner’s son, was taken to a Little Rock hospital by helicopter. According to the sheriff’s office, he sustained severe burns to his body and was the only person in the building at the time.
Deputies from the Johnson County Sheriff’s Office, Rural Fire Department #1, Clarksville Fire Department and the Office of Emergency Services responded.
Fire officials say the business, Black Powder, Inc., is located at 400 County Road 3455 north of Clarksville.
An answering message for the business stated they would be closed “due to a family emergency” Tuesday and Wednesday. The business is owned by Jerry Dean, according to the sheriff.
The scene was secured and investigators from the Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms Office in Little Rock are assisting with the investigation, according to the sheriff’s office.
Billy Ward, a Clarksville resident, was one of the first people on the scene.
“Bullets start going off, I mean just ‘Bam, bam, bam, bam,’ I got hit probably five to six times,” Ward said. “I know Jared got hit because the side of his face was bloody and another one of the neighbors was hit in the back.”
Ward was there as Dean was pulled from the building.
“He was burnt pretty good, I mean, his top of his head and the side of his face,” said Ward.
A spokeswoman at Arkansas Children’s Hospital tells 5NEWS that Dean is in critical condition and is being treated at the burn unit.
Luck is the meeting of preparation with opportunity.
10 years 11 months ago #23292

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 41

Replied by Charlie on topic Ammo mfg explosion

Something is very wrong with the article: Their website says they are a black powder dealer. It doesn't say anything about loading black powder cartridges, and yet Bill Ward says he "got hit five or six times"? With what?

www.powderinc.com/

Stupid %$^&* media whores!

Charlie
"Yes officer, I know I smell like beer. I'm not drinking it, I'm wearing it!"
10 years 11 months ago #23298

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Ammo mfg explosion

They do show some loaded shells;www.blackdawgecartridge.com/catalog/bd_ammo.html

They just use a different name.
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 11 months ago #23301

• Thank you received: 41

Replied by Charlie on topic Ammo mfg explosion

Oops! Sorry about the hasty generalization, but I do hope everybody is OK.

Charlie
"Yes officer, I know I smell like beer. I'm not drinking it, I'm wearing it!"
10 years 11 months ago #23302

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Ammo mfg explosion

The media are still whores!
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 11 months ago #23308

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!