Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Reloading. Help with crimp !

• Thank you received: 1

Reloading. Help with crimp ! was created by bodenspop9

Can Some of You that reload 308w please tell Me what You use for crimping , What kind of crimp may be best , And Why ? I reload with Redding dies on a T-7 Turret Press. mostly 168g S.M.K.s For My AR/10 t. car. I have heard good stuff about the Lee taper crimp Die. My reloads have been shooting great, But think I need a crimp Die. I would like to buy one. And as I still have much to learn. I sure could use some advice on what to go with. ? ?Please !
10 years 9 months ago #26721

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 25

Replied by bipe215 on topic Reloading. Help with crimp !

I have Lee Factory Crimp dies for all my rifles calibers but I seldom crimp. I have chambered and checked several rounds in my 10T and have yet to find movement of the bullet.
If you do crimp, don't get carried away with it. It just needs a little and the Lees are kind of foolproof. My 2 cents.

Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: bodenspop9
10 years 9 months ago #26722

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Reloading. Help with crimp !

:I-agree:

Here is a thread I started when I had some issues with crimping. Lots of good advice here!www.ar10t.com/forums/reloading/13254-fun-with-crimping#20076
LIBERTY FIRST!
The following user(s) said Thank You: bodenspop9
10 years 9 months ago #26723

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by bodenspop9 on topic Reloading. Help with crimp !

Thanks People. I had same issue, With just a touch to much with My redding Die, I was squashing the case. I have not seen any bullets move on Me, But have read from others that a crimp should always be used with a clip fed semi auto. I have My Die giving Me a very slight crimp. Maybe I will leave it be at that. Thanks for the info. Big help !
10 years 9 months ago #26729

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!