Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Working LC primer pockets

• Thank you received: 2

Working LC primer pockets was created by super8mm

I am thinking of using something like the RCBS Primer Pocket Swaging dies instead of reaming the pockets?

something like this www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/80251

I am planning on getting 500 LC .308 brass and for the first go round just deprime, primer pocket, size, trim the whole batch and then clean. then I can set my Dillon RL550 up to start loading which will run through all the stages again.

is there any advantage of using a reamer over the swag die? :unsure:

Thanks
10 years 8 months ago #28289

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Working LC primer pockets

I have both but have only experimented so far. The swage is easier on my hand than the hand reamer I have, a Lyman set. I think I like the idea of not removing brass, just moving it with the swage. I have not run anything through for a second round of reloading so I can't say for sure if there will be a difference. In the few rounds I've been through there have been no primer leaks or movement with either. I don't have but twenty rounds from each tried yet though so maybe in time I'll have more info.
I still haven't started working on converting my berdan primed brass yet.....but that is a whole different deal.....
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 8 months ago #28291

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by super8mm on topic Working LC primer pockets

Thanks, i sort of like the idea of not removing material in that are but then i am so new I would not know the difference yet
10 years 8 months ago #28293

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!