Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

DANGER EXPERIMENTAL MK262 DUPLICATION BY SOC!!!

• Thank you received: 122

Replied by NightForce on topic DANGER EXPERIMENTAL MK262 DUPLICATION BY SOC!!!

Very nice shooting indeed!! :twothumbs:
9 years 11 months ago #38314

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic DANGER EXPERIMENTAL MK262 DUPLICATION BY SOC!!!

Thanks for the tip, they did all show some vertical stringing. I wasn't sure if this was me or the barrel getting warm from my brisk pace, I don't really pause much between shots. I tried to pay attention to the breathing but caught myself letting the shot go with half a lung left. The trigger is so crappy it seemed to get all my attention. I think a SSA-E may be in my future
The load did sound and feel a bit stouter than the 55 gr loads but no different than the BH 77 gr. I didn't notice the flash at all, I was by myself so there was nobody to ask. I'll check that when I get home and have the nephew try some while I watch.
I'm going to round up a big bag of once fired LC brass for another lot soon. That MK316 load has my attention as well, you should start another thread with the development on it, I'm learning a bunch on this as well as having a blast shooting it! :twothumbs:
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 11 months ago #38315

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic DANGER EXPERIMENTAL MK262 DUPLICATION BY SOC!!!

This is good stuff SOC. I am interested in hearing about your MK 316 as well. I want to get out and work up a clone of the M 118 LR. Using REloader 15 I stashed away during last years panic.
9 years 11 months ago #38317

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic DANGER EXPERIMENTAL MK262 DUPLICATION BY SOC!!!

I have been using "TAC" powder from RamShot,on My AR10 with a 20" barrel. Rate of twist unknown, using 150 gn SP boolits and am wondering about loads using those components. Which would be the most accurate.
I mostly have BHS brass, primers are unknown as these all had been pulls so primers would be whatever BHS uses.
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
9 years 11 months ago #38323

Marty, check your barrel ahead of the gas block, both my Armalite's have the twist rate inscribed there.
9 years 11 months ago #38328

• Thank you received: 111

Replied by SOC on topic DANGER EXPERIMENTAL MK262 DUPLICATION BY SOC!!!

43.1gn RL 15 is the current load for M118LR. At one time during OIF they loaded it hotter but in the extreme heat (in excess of 100F and even 120F in the shade) it was bending op rods in DMR M-14s.

I've pulled LC-01 and found 42.7gn LC-03 at 42.8gn.

Here is a little gem that sheds light on the MK 316 MOD0

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
9 years 11 months ago #38366

Interesting! Texas Longshot a while back mentioned that he had data from sniper school stating it was 42.5 gr of Reloader 15, but that he had also heard it might be 43.1 gr.. Not having a chrono or a means to judge pressure, my plan was to start out at 40 grains and work up to what would give me the best accuracy, watching for signs of overpressure.
I will be using FGMM and Lake City once fired brass. I also have some surplus M-80 NATO brass but for that I am starting at 38 gr. As I am not as confident as to it's quality and will use it for less precise shooting.
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Siscowet.
9 years 11 months ago #38368

I was actually doing brass prep tonight for a 5.56 load for my old Colt HBAR match tonight, with a 20" 1 in 7" twist barrel. I am using the Hornady 75 gr BTHP , CCI small rifle primers, PMC once fired brass, with Reloader 15. Although I will be starting a bit lower because of PMC brass limited volume, I have heard good reports with this combo in the 23.7 to 24 gr range.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NightForce
9 years 11 months ago #38371

• Thank you received: 122

Replied by NightForce on topic DANGER EXPERIMENTAL MK262 DUPLICATION BY SOC!!!

I have a new AR-15 I built over the winter in a similar configuration. I'm going to try this load amongst others I have.... :twothumbs:
9 years 11 months ago #38380

For evaluation purposes I loaded up 50 5.56 brass today with CCi 400 primers, 23.5 grains of RE15 with Hornady 75 grain BTHP today. I don't know when the back will let me test it out but I will report on it when I do. I will be using my 20 inch barrel 1 in 7 inch twist Colt HBAR for the evaluation. With a fixed 4 power scope.
9 years 10 months ago #39634

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!