Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Lake City LR cases

• Thank you received: 0

Lake City LR cases was created by Tuna

Is there any difference between Lake City LR cases and other Lake City cases. I have a mixed lot of once fired Lake City cases.
9 years 6 months ago #42419

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Lake City LR cases

Good question. I separate out my LR cases, so next time out at the range I will set up my Chronograph and compare the M80 to the LR as far as velocity. I have fired both with the same load through the same riffle, and there was a 1 inch separation in where the groups printed at 100 yards, so I am thinking there might be some small difference.
9 years 6 months ago #42420

• Thank you received: 122

Replied by NightForce on topic Lake City LR cases

If you have 2 fired cases, 1 of each, be certain they're clean and do the following.

1. Weigh each empty
2. Fill with water until the amount of water is equally proud of the case mouth
3. Record weights

This will give you a sense of their internal volume which directly correlates to the amount of powder they hold.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Libertarian623
9 years 6 months ago #42422

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Raf on topic Lake City LR cases

Come on guys, LR? I'm guessing long range, LR. Thought one should ID an abbreviation first, then fire away.

And fill case with water until it is "PROUD" of the case mouth???? I'm totally confused. Proud???
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Raf.
9 years 2 months ago #44216

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Lake City LR cases

LR = Long Range. "Proud" refers to topping the case off, surface tension will cause the water to be just a little above the lip of the case mouth, just make sure they look the same before weighing.
:usa:
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 2 months ago #44217

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Lake City LR cases

NF & JT spot on. My assumption is that knowing LC, makes me believe that they have other ways of achieving the necessary design goals of that round without changing a tried and true case. Different powder, different primer or compressed load or however they work there Fu. But again until you measure you don't know. And having a different case volume changes things (preasures, bullet seating, powder, primer) enough that it would be considered a completely new load.
9 years 2 months ago #44219

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by artener on topic Lake City LR cases

:usa: +1
9 years 2 months ago #44220

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!