Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

got a bang out of this

• Thank you received: 67

got a bang out of this was created by foxhunter

I never had anything like this happen before, but it did last night. I use a progressive RCBS reloader, and it uses strips loaded with 25 primers. I had reloaded some 300 win mag, then some 45 colt and then set it up for 45 acp. I normally don't use it as a progressive reloader, and reload in stages, but for the 45 acp, I do all the steps as the loader is designed. I had gone through my first 10 rounds and as I was seating the primer on the eleventh round it ignited the primer and all the remaining primers in the strip ignited simultaneously. Scared the Hell out of me. On inspection, it appeared the previous case had not accepted the primer, leaving 2 primers on the seating tool for the next case. When I compressed those two together, they ignited.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrMarty51, jtallen83, Siscowet
9 years 5 months ago #42575

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic got a bang out of this

Whoa! That kinda makes me wonder if I really want to go the progressive route. Thanks for the tip. When reloading we are dealing with explosives, however small they are, it is always good to remember that.
9 years 5 months ago #42576

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic got a bang out of this

I've had a primer ignite using a single stage press, looked like it was sitting sideways. I have hand primed since then. I've come to like it since you can feel how easy the primer seats.
LIBERTY FIRST!
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrMarty51
9 years 5 months ago #42579

• Thank you received: 6

Replied by dickn52 on topic got a bang out of this

Whats the hurry anyway. My weapons cost too much for these kinds of mistakes. I never liked the strip loaders either. I use the Century 21 hand primer. Not cheap but so easy and perfect every time.
9 years 3 months ago #43686

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic got a bang out of this

Fox, I can only imagine your shock when it began and by the time it ended 10 primers later...thoughts of your life passing before your eyes.
9 years 3 months ago #43773

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic got a bang out of this

Wow, so far have not have had such an incident. I will be a bit more careful now though.
I am using the Rock~Chucker, there has been a couple of times a primer did`nt feel right when seating and, usually it was`nt.
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
9 years 3 months ago #43821

• Thank you received: 26

Replied by 10before15 on topic got a bang out of this

Boy that will pucker your butthole and make you pee a little. I am glad your ok though. For what it's worth I use the primer installer on my Forster and I love it. I can clearly see everything thats going on.
9 years 2 months ago #44185

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!