Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Gameking success?

• Thank you received: 1

Gameking success? was created by grizgrin

So I havent had the opportunity to find The Load that fits my AR10T. Have an opportunity coming up to by a large number of Gameking bullets for CHEAP for reloading. Everything I have ever heard about Sierra Gamekings makes them synonymus with high accuracy. Do I risk it and buy them or pass until I develop a good load for the rifle? Is it possible that they won't develop a good load for the rifle?
9 years 3 months ago #43920

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Gameking success?

My only concern would be if they are soft points, how they will load and how much tip deformation you would get. Until you know, it is a crap shoot. Game Kings are usually soft points. I would try to find a box of twenty that is loaded with Game Kings to try them out. Also, do they have to be one size? 165 to 175 would be the best bet. I use Sierra Match Kings in 168 and 175 almost exclusively, but I have tested them in my rifles.
9 years 3 months ago #43921

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Gameking success?

I wouldn't buy , until I knew how they would shoot. There are always deals to be had out there. Ammo and component prices are all over the place. In the vacuum left behind from the weapons spending spree that has gone on for the last couple of years your going to continue to see huge deals that just keep getting better and better. Save your money and get at doing load development know so you can buy with confidence latter. I am currently working on a 180 gr Win BST load I will be doing a ladder test in a week or two. And once testing is done I plan on spending a lot of money doing one big run of that round.
9 years 3 months ago #43936

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!