Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

problems with my new r25

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic problems with my new r25

High Standard has a problem with their magazines for the 22 caliber hand guns.
Maybe this will help. I am posting this web page for informational purposes only.
The first page is of an adjustment tool that can be purchased. The tool can easily be replicated at home with a piece of steel and a hacksaw, or, even a small crescent wrench, like the four inch.
highstandardpartsonline.com/magazine-adj...al-p-13.html?cPath=3

HAH !!!! I found it, the instruction manual, now do`nt start jumping up~N~Down and cussing cause this is for a 22 rifle, instead, read, there are a lot of good pointers in here that may solve a lot of the feeding problems for the AR10 rifles. posting is in PDF format. :cowboy: :wave: :busted: :rotfl:
highstandardpartsonline.com/High%20Stand...ls102-107%20PTS1.pdf
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
10 years 5 months ago #29616

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic problems with my new r25

You didn't say anything about what shape the brass was in on you eject issue. Look at it close, VERY close for any stretching, hairline cracks or burnishing.

When I have an ejection issue my first inspection and effort to repeat is the mag. CHecking for seating, rocking, dirt etc. If you cannot trace it to A mag then my next step is the chamber. I like to sue some medium steel wool and give the chamber a good polish. Look in the chamber and at a light and look for concentric light rings as you move the upper around. If its dirty, has any burnishing or brass marking in the chamber then you may want to put some BRASSO on your steel wool. BRASSO will polish to mil spec optical clarity. You will find a lot of pilots use BRASSO on the helmets to remove slight scratches and restore the optical clarity. This is safe procedure, it would take a LOT of effort to remove any measurable amount of metal, what you are doing is polishing. Use you hand and a arbor such as wood in a combo twisting and turning back and forth action.

NOTE: BRASSO contains some ammonia so a good cleaning of the chamber and bbl after you polish the chamber is in order...do NOT let ammonia set inside you bbl or BCG. Use it with a purpose and clean immediately. Long exposure can cause pitting.

If after doing a mag test and a chamber polish you are still having ejection issues then address the other issues 1 by 1...
10 years 5 months ago #29637

• Thank you received: 5

Replied by Cale307 on topic problems with my new r25

Glad I found this thread, having the same issue with my R25. I get 20 rounds in and it begins to jam. I will try some better lube and heavier rounds .
:nicethread:
Last edit: 9 years 1 week ago by Cale307.
9 years 1 week ago #44339

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Michael 1412 on topic problems with my new r25

I just got my R25 jamming issue fixed. My problem was they do not like the metal mags and also the biggest problem was the factory gas block is loose on the R25. It's a solid piece of metal and you could see where gas would leak around the block, put a Yankee Hill clamp style gas block on and no more jamming. Shoots like a champ.
8 years 8 months ago #45461

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic problems with my new r25

Glad to hear it is up and running now :twothumbs: Was the factory gas block just poorly fit?
LIBERTY FIRST!
8 years 8 months ago #45464

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Michael 1412 on topic problems with my new r25

Yes it was. When you loosened the screws you could wiggle it.
8 years 8 months ago #45465

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!