Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

single point sling adapter for R25 A2 stock?

• Thank you received: 2

single point sling adapter for R25 A2 stock? was created by fivewhy

So I guess this is about my only option for ~$35: www.midwayusa.com/product/744750/gg-and-...stock-aluminum-matte

I think that is a bit much for a piddly sling adapter. Does anyone know of a better option for my R25? My desire is some type of sling to use while carrying at the ready, for pig stalking. I am open to any option, except a new buttstock. Sorry, I like the A2 stock...why? Idk, I just do. I guess I look at a .223 as just an over-sized pistol round (yet totally effective for its designed purpose), but a .308 needs a "full" stock. Ehhh, whatever. Sidenote: I saw a video instructing to use a sleeping pad to buildup the comb height on the stock, and I did this to one of my rifles (not the R25), and love it. Fortunately, the R25 rail sits low enough that I don't have to do that with it. But I am probably going to shift over to a 44mm objective lens and will likely have to build it up some, and put a black sleeve over it. Ain't gonna be too pretty, but I really don't care.

One other dumb question, is the buffer tube for the AR/Stoner .223 and .308 the same basic diameter? I am guessing that it is, and that was always my assumption. The above linked item supports that notion, but I just wanted to make sure I was not being stupid. I have no intention of changing to a collapsible stock, just wondering.
11 years 1 month ago #17611

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic single point sling adapter for R25 A2 stock?

You've got me stumped. I bought an Armalite for mine while they were on sale, planning on buying the collapsible stock later but since I got a deal on the Delta Cheek Piece, I think I'm gonna hang with my original stock so I haven't looked into anything else along those lines FW...

God knows there seems to be a different model with almost every company you go to though...
11 years 1 month ago #17623

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic single point sling adapter for R25 A2 stock?

I would recommend a Blue Force or Vicker's Tactical 2 point sling with quick adjuster over a single point sling, particularly for full sized rifles.

When going hands free, a single point sling lets the rifle hang along the centerline of your body. Hitting yourself in the junk with your own rifle is an embarrassing way to lose cool points among your friends as well as ending up on You Tube.

Personal embarrassment aside, single point slings aren't the most comfortable way to carry a rifle over the course of a long day's hunt. A modern two point sling does a much better job of distributing the weight of the rifle and scope over your upper body.
RLTW
11 years 1 month ago #17630

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic single point sling adapter for R25 A2 stock?

www.armalite.com/ItemForm.aspx?item=EC00...d9-862a-e0189af61ab6
They say this fits the AR-10 and it is cheap, might want to call and confirm it is not just for collapsible stocks, until I looked around tonight I didn't think there was a difference but so many say specifically for collapsible stocks I don't know what to think. I do know $12 seems a lot more reasonable for such a basic part though!
LIBERTY FIRST!
11 years 1 month ago #17633

Now THAT is some good insight right there... :laugh:
11 years 1 month ago #17641

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic single point sling adapter for R25 A2 stock?

There are two standards - milspec and commercial. The milspec receiver extension has an OD of 1.14" while the commercial extension has an OD of 1.17". IIRC, Bushmaster/Remington/DPMS use the commercial extension.

And yes, the same receiver extension is used for both calibers.
RLTW
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by LebbenB.
11 years 1 month ago #17646

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic single point sling adapter for R25 A2 stock?

Hey Leb, or anybody that knows for that matter, are the sling adapters different sizes for different tubes and different stocks? I looked at several sites last night but only ended up more confused. Does the ArmaLite adapter in the link above work on A2 stocks? It just says AR-10 and most at Midway and Brownells say they are for collapsible stocks, if they say.
LIBERTY FIRST!
11 years 1 month ago #17647

I'm not sure about the different sizes but if you notice the little round "punched bump out" at the bottom of them, this may be customized to the "bump in" at the base of the receiver. I'm guessing that different companies MAY do that differently which would require you to get one made for their weapon.

My Benelli M4 has a bump in that is tear drop shaped which would make it impossible to use the one for my Armalite which I believe is more ovaled but I'd have to look...
11 years 1 month ago #17653

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!