Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Remington R-25

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Soccerbum on topic Re:Remington R-25

hunter7m--did you replace the trigger on your r-25? if so, what did you replace it with and where did you order it? I'm looking to upgrade my trigger soon but didn't realize that the it would use the ar-15 trigger group. Any info is greatly appreciated.
15 years 2 months ago #1058

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by hunter7m on topic Re:Remington R-25

no im using the factory trigger and will till it breaks or something gos worng. it works fine.
Timney, McCormick and JP make triggers assambles that fall in place, (one piece). one of these would be my choise but they are pricey. rock river arms has a two stage trigger thats great, apprx $125. modification would be needed on the trigger, nothing much to it. i saw the required mods on the internet some where on a gun fourm. they said the bolt would not work right without the mod. i had a rra ar15 and the trigger was great.
15 years 2 months ago #1059

Replied by crawldady on topic Re:Remington R-25

I was at my local gun dealer This past Friday looking for a new case for my rifle. They had a couple of the R-25's in there one in 243 and one in 308. I was on my way to the range so I just happend to have my AR 10(T)338 fed. with me.
I know the owner pretty well and couldn't resist taking it in the shop and comparing the two. without shooting it here is what I saw, the R-25 is a bit lighter especially with the thin fluted barrell. seemed to be of decent quality, didn't feel quite as sturdy to me as my AR(probably because its lighter), also the balance just wasn't the same, Im not saying it was bad, just diferent. See my AR with the 338 upper balances just in front of the mag, and with a full mag inserted I barely feel the weight of the rifle, like I did with the R-25. Im a bit biased towards Armalite but this seemed like an OK rifle, and less expensive.
14 years 3 months ago #2720

• Thank you received: 5

Replied by Cale307 on topic Remington R-25

Got my R-25 I do love this rifle however I have found a few issues:

The weight is a little heavy approximately 10 lbs. With all the attachments and full mag. The weight makes it difficult to carry in the field but helps with the muzzle jump.
Tends to jam after about 20 rounds with cheaper ammunition and stock magazine.

The good:

Low recoil
Good stopping power
Accurate 25- 900 yards (with good ammo)

I picked this rifle up for about 1,100.00 and spent about 400.00 on attachments which came out to the MSRP 1,500.00

Nikon prostaff 3-9x 40mm
Canted iron sights
Single point sling
Folding foregrip

I would recommend this rifle to any one who has a good hunting location with a good sight line to minimize travel with the rifle do to its weight.
9 years 1 month ago #44341

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!