Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

R 25 break in

• Thank you received: 0

R 25 break in was created by deerhammer

Put the first 50 rds. through her yesterday. Ran a bore snake soaked in CLP every rd. for the first ten and every three rds. or so there after.
Had 2 FTE in the first 5 shots, lubed the piss out of the bolt assy & had no more feeding or eject problems after.
First impression of this rifle is good , 3 shot groups on 2" dots@50 yds. within first 25 rds. , 3 shot groups on 3" dots@ 100yds. after 40rds.
Simmons 6.5 x 20 -50 mm whitetail classic & 147 gn. LC ammo.
I expect to achieve better accuracy with more rounds through the new barrel.
The trigger is a bit tighter than on my DPMS 5.56 ,I will give it some time. I also would prefer a shorter butstock.
This rifle had fewer feed /eject problems out of the box than my AR15.
Definetely a big hammer for the toolbox , Just a wee bit harder to hold the dot steady than the 5.56 is :laugh:
14 years 2 weeks ago #3519

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by The Duck of Death on topic Re:R 25 break in

Details?... or does Remington only make one version?
14 years 2 weeks ago #3520

Replied by deerhammer on topic Re:R 25 break in

.308 , 20 " barrel, 1/10 twist. Bone stock.
14 years 2 weeks ago #3521

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:R 25 break in

Great to hear it my friend...I think you are going to really love the .308 platform....Just remember to save that brass.... :lol:
Hey on the oiling part...as I said...you should try the TW25B gun grease...you will love the way that stuff works...and it works well for a lot of other things too... ;)
Well when are we going to get to see a pic or two...and when you do...post one up in the gallery...I believe you will be the first on the block that owns one..well maybe not but you would be the first to post pics.......so if you would PLEASE... B)
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 2 weeks ago #3522

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!