Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Boyt harness H51 double gun case

• Thank you received: 10

Boyt harness H51 double gun case was created by LongBranchMk12

Hey guys,

I've been eyeing up pelican cases for a while and haven't had the $ around to get one. I was at Scheels (sporting goods store in the Midwest) in Appleton, WI. Strolling through the gun section for my normal 2 hrs while my wife looked at clothes. Found some cool stuff.! They had a .300 win mag AR platform! Badass! But I stumbled on a case... Boyt Harness H51 double long gun case. www.scheels.com/shop/en/scheels-catalog/...case-737618-40062-y4

The case is really nice. O-ring seal, pressure relief, thick, and customizable foam. They were also on sale for $99.99!!! Needless to say it came home with me! Cut out the foam and it is sweet! They had a ton left so if anyone is in the market and in WI...

The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83, Libertarian623
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by LongBranchMk12.
9 years 2 months ago #44180

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 41

Replied by Charlie on topic Boyt harness H51 double gun case

My dad had a WW II machete (I have it now). It has green plastic handles missing one rivet, and on the canvas case it reads "Boyt 1943".
"Yes officer, I know I smell like beer. I'm not drinking it, I'm wearing it!"
9 years 2 months ago #44181

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Boyt harness H51 double gun case

I read an article last summer that compared Boyt, Pelican, Plano, and another I don't recall. The Boyt was right with the pelican in all the categories and beat them in price. I'll be roaming the Scheels in Sioux City the first week of february, if they are still on sale I might just have to jump on one.
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 2 months ago #44182

• Thank you received: 10

Replied by LongBranchMk12 on topic Boyt harness H51 double gun case

Yeah it's a damn nice case. I was almost dumbfounded when I saw the price. One of those moments when your walking through the store and go... well that's coming home! Some cloth cases are $30-40.

The single gun case was $69.99.
9 years 2 months ago #44183

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Boyt harness H51 double gun case

Wow you can't beat that deal. Nothing wrong with that case. Its got all the room you need. A lot of people nock big cases, but if your protecting a precision rifle it is mandatory in my book. You just have way to much time and money invested to screw it up bumping it around.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Libertarian623.
9 years 2 months ago #44184

• Thank you received: 212

Replied by faawrenchbndr on topic Boyt harness H51 double gun case

I know this is old post, however......

I have a Browning marked case that is very similar to a Pelican. Handle is not hinged, but the thing is a tank. Got it from a guy who used it to ship a double barrel rifle to Africa for a safari hunt.
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
8 years 4 months ago #46800

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!