Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Pelican 1750

• Thank you received: 132

Pelican 1750 was created by mlotziii

After some searching I decided to order a pelican case for my AR-10T. I'm very happy with how well it has worked for my rifle. It has plenty of room for the rifle, a few mags and some ammo.

I have not had any issues to date. The handle is very sturdy and strong enough to carry the weight of the case and my very heavy rifle. The 3lb buttstock weight does not make it any easier to carry!

To cut the foam I simply used an electric carving knife as recommended to me by Iron Brigade Armory.

The case has wheels and a handle on the end which make it handy when going through doorways while carrying other gear.

I've been happy with how well this case has held up over the years.
16 years 3 months ago #4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by weshowe on topic Re:Pelican 1750

Mlotziii and all,

I've been using the Pelican 1750 cases for over a decade. Both my bolt guns reside in them. The down side is they are HEAVY, but protect extremely well.

I have a high grade drag bag for my AR-10, etc. It allows protection for the rifle and holds all my shooting accessories. Spotting scope, rangefinder, data book, slings, gloves, and ammo. Basically, a "grab it and go kit". Just add the pack below for longer ops.

My general kit is a 3 day assault pack with most of the accessories I need plus extra ammo, food, sleeping gear, and survival items. It works exceedingly well to shoot over. I don't believe in bi-pods and shoot better over the pack.

Wes
15 years 4 months ago #553

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by crux on topic Re:Pelican 1750

What options would you recommend looking at in a quality drag bag?
15 years 4 months ago #559

Gents,

I'll open another tread about drag bags so we can stay on track.
Pelican cases are excellent, as I've already noted. Handles to carry them horizontally are on the side of the case. A set of wheels on one and a handle on the other allow pulling the case on hard surfaces. Well thought out. The newer model had a more compact folding handle for horizontal carry.
Pelican's are available in Black or blaze yellow (for hiding in bananna trees?).
Not only that, but there is enough flat surface to put all kinds of "been there/done that" stickers on them...

Wes

Edited: Forgot to add that the Pelicans are waterproof with an o-ring seal and have a vent you can open for air travel.
15 years 4 months ago #564

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Gardner9 on topic Re:Pelican 1750

I just bought a 1750 and the shop owner did an excellent job at cutting out the foam for my rifle and accessories.

I've been a big fan of Pelican for quite some time now and have yet to put one through enough abuse to warrant replacement.

Plus, the shop owner makes a fold out job that turns the 1750 case into a sturdy field table. Too cool.

Thank you for the great recommendation.
14 years 5 months ago #2198

Gardner9,

Enjoy your new Pelican case. I doubt you'll be able to destroy it, but have fun trying...

Wes
14 years 5 months ago #2204

• Thank you received: 21

Replied by Moby on topic Re:Pelican 1750

I too have purchased a Pelican 1750

Found this video on how to cut the foam

11 years 10 months ago #11759

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:Pelican 1750

Hey Boss...I do not mean to be rude or anything like that...but in today's economy one has to explore all the options...I am sure you understand...I would like to offer a alternative to the 1750 but I don't want to step on your thread...So I ask before hand before i post...
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
11 years 10 months ago #11761

• Thank you received: 132

Replied by mlotziii on topic Re:Pelican 1750

Yeah man go for it! Just make sure it is worthy to protect an AR-10
11 years 10 months ago #11763

• Thank you received: 21

Replied by Moby on topic Re:Pelican 1750

Howdy BMS,
If you were chatting at me partner I already have the case.
I was a commercial diver for years and have a few Pelican cases.
But if you know of equally sturdy cases I'm sure others would like to know. Post away brother.
11 years 10 months ago #11766

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!