Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

One scope for hunting pigs, another for the range?

• Thank you received: 16

Replied by Redscout02 on topic Re: One scope for hunting pigs, another for the range?

see I knew we could get this ball rounding.

Your right Colt. I do use a red dot for hogs a lot. I still have an Aim Point I bought in 1990 right before I played the first round in the sand box (which I know we didn't finish sorry about that)anyway there are lot's of options. I guess is what were all trying to say.

Be carefull how you spend your money, go to range and talk to shooter's we love to talk. I would spend all afternoon at range talking to guys if they ask before they touch, and are honestly interested.

Bushnell are good and have a good range of prices if I were going say strat anywhere there would be it, they have been around a long time.
12 years 2 weeks ago #11339

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Re: One scope for hunting pigs, another for the range?

My Bushnell 4200 elite has been great, for me. I'm not shooting long distance. My nephew's young eyes can make 300 yards look easy. Everyone comments how clear and bright it is and how the reticle changes color with light condition. It has done well holding zero with a QD mount, dead on for my ranges. I even dropped it square onto the concrete floor and couln't figure out where it hit, just some smudges. Snapped it back on and made the bull disapear, didn't miss a beat. I'm not afraid to recomend trying Bushnell scopes either.
LIBERTY FIRST!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moby
12 years 2 weeks ago #11341

• Thank you received: 21

Replied by Moby on topic Re: One scope for hunting pigs, another for the range?

Great info fella's! It's appreciated.

As I mentioned I don't even have the rifle yet but I'm just getting some idea's.

Can't wait to pop a few hundred rounds through it. One things for sure.

I'M GONNA KILL SOME HOGS!!!!
12 years 2 weeks ago #11343

• Thank you received: 7

Replied by MsgtBill on topic One scope for hunting pigs, another for the range?

You might try a Nikon M-308, 4-16 X 42mm, this works for close up and distance plus that 42mm objective lens has enough light gathering to let you see in low light situations. You can use the same scope for the range and hunting.
9 years 10 months ago #39762

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic One scope for hunting pigs, another for the range?

I'm loving this Bushnell scope, the lighted reticle would be great for getting on a moving hog. They also make a version with 8x.

www.ar10t.com/forums/rifle-scopes/14563-...-6-5x24-scope-review
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 10 months ago #39763

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!