Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Optics

• Thank you received: 0

Optics was created by diverpilot

I am new o this site and I am glad it's here. I always join message boards that coincide with my toys!

I placed an order for AR-10 7.62. 10tcbnf. .my intentions are to hel irradiate our jogging hog population. What is a good mid level scope or sight for shooting hogs at night and day

Thanks in advance
Mark
11 years 4 months ago #14888

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Optics

I bought a Bushnell elite 4200 and have been very impressed. Now this is the highest end scope I've touched since I left the service a couple plus decades ago, never touched a Nightforce so I can't compare. I do know it works at night with a good light out to about 100 yards. The reticle actually takes on a glittery appearance when the background is dark, I never have figured that one out. It has maybe 400 rounds so far in hot and cold and has held zero fine. No fancy turrets or mil dot reticles just a solid basic scope. I didn't pay $300 for it new on ebay at auction.
Welcome aboard and keep us posted!
LIBERTY FIRST!
11 years 4 months ago #14893

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic Optics

Welcome to the forums!

What distances and what time of day do you usually see hogs? That's going to decide your best options for a scope.
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
11 years 4 months ago #14895

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic Optics

It looks like you are in good hands for your questions DiverPilot and I just wanted to say Welcome to the boards and thanks for posting. Always great to see new members who own GREAT rifles - congrats on your purchase and we all look forward to seeing some hog photos... :welcome: :thumbs:
11 years 4 months ago #14898

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic Optics

Agreed. I'll also add: Money-wise, what does "mid-level" mean to you? Also factor in ~$100+ for rings and/or mount.
RLTW
11 years 4 months ago #14900

Replied by diverpilot on topic Optics

I would like to plan 50 yards out to 200 yards. Low light. Night time is the best time while they are feeding. Are there Holographic sights that have a built in laser system that can be used in conjunction with strong flashlight?

I would like to also inquire what ammo for the AR10 are you guys using for dropping 100-400 lb hogs. What is the best company for ordering bulk ammo. Thanks for all input

Diverpilot
11 years 4 months ago #14915

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Optics

I have had good luck with Target Sports USA. Free shipping on case amounts. Like all of them, right now a lot of out of stocks and overwhelmed with orders.
11 years 4 months ago #14919

Replied by Cleandean on topic Optics

I am also on the prowl ,for a tough, illum. mid power scope. :cowboy: PIGMAN,on T.V. promotes a LEUOPOLD 1-4 or a 1-6 version. I have read on other forums ;stay away from built in RANGE-FINDERS. (THE BATTERING OF THE BOLT RETURNING AFTER ,RECOIL IS A QUICK DEATH -FACTOR)^RUMOR?
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Cleandean.
11 years 4 months ago #14922

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!