Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

scopes

• Thank you received: 1

scopes was created by larrygombos

anyone know witch nikon scope is best for ar10 standard rifle not flat top saw one for ar308 rifles a little pricey though over 5hundee
11 years 3 months ago #16099

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic scopes

Not qualified to answer this one, but a couple of thoughts: Not being a flat top getting a good cheek weld with a scope will be an issue. Might want to take a look at a Delta style riser for the stock. Too big and heavy a scope that high will change the balance of the rifle. I have a Nikon Monarch 4x16 with a Nikkoplex reticule which I like a lot but it would be unwieldy on a carry handle. I am sure you will get a lot of good input on this one. The m223 with a built in laser rangefinder looks interesting, but I think it is optimized for the 5.56/223 with its bullet drop compensator.
The following user(s) said Thank You: larrygombos
11 years 3 months ago #16104

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic scopes

Scopes: Made in China, $79.95

Made in the US, Germany etc, the SKY is the limit, $2, $3,000 and beyond, way beyond.

I cannot justify $0,000's for a scope yet there are plenty that do. Which in mind poses a question. Why would someone put a nearly $4,000 scope on a $800 buck gun? Dunno, but I have seen it more than once...kinda like buy a set of Klips speakers for $5k and hookin them up to a $19.95 K Mart radio...

So what is important? In a word Consistency. No matter the cost of your scope unless its consistent it does not good, same for the weapon. So it shoots to the left 10 meters for every 100 yards, if it will do that every time, then who cares. Its repeatable performance, now it become deadly accurate in the hands of a experienced shooter with that gun.

I cannot nor will I try to tell you or anyone what scope is good, better or best or what to buy. Buy a good quality, and you can generally tell that by a close exam of fit, finish etc. Then make sure it shoots consistent!

One might notice that reguardless of cost, weapon or scope that ALL have adjustment knobs...ever wonder why?
11 years 3 months ago #16122

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!