Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Auto aiming scope?

• Thank you received: 85

Auto aiming scope? was created by Dabu

I'm all for advancing technology, and as amazing as this is, I feel kind of :dry: about it. Wouldn't it take all the skill out of things?

arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/01/17000-li...m-to-the-real-world/
11 years 1 month ago #18222

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Auto aiming scope?

An older thread had a film clip on it. It takes the skill away that's for sure.
11 years 1 month ago #18224

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic Auto aiming scope?

I could go either way. Sure there is a certain satisfaction in doing something well. That indescribable feeling when everything falls into place and I hear that 'DING' letting me know I hit it. I did it. I worked up the load. I did my part behind the rifle and I got the bullet out there where I wanted it. For me it is a personal sense of satisfaction that I can't get enough of.

At the same time, I'm not going to handicap myself either. Technology can be wonderful and when you really think about it, this doesn't take skill away it just redefines the skill set needed to do something. Some folks say the same thing about auto loading weapons, some say the same about using metallic cartridges, others really do believe using anything more than a bow & arrow is a gross absence of any true skill. Hopefully in time, this kind of thing will be a practical and affordable option for anyone that wants to use it. I will likely be standing in line to get mine when that day comes.
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by 13fcolt.
11 years 1 month ago #18227

• Thank you received: 132

Replied by mlotziii on topic Auto aiming scope?

I know of someone who has dropped the $$$$ to order one and hope to see it once it comes in.
11 years 1 month ago #18335

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic Auto aiming scope?

Tell me where you guys will be and you distract him with a "hey it's the goodrich blimp" maneuver and we can mail it back and forth - odd months and even months kinda split sound OK??
11 years 1 month ago #18339

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!