Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Millett 1-4 x 24 DMS Designated Marksman Red-Dot

• Thank you received: 111

Millett 1-4 x 24 DMS Designated Marksman Red-Dot was created by SOC

1/2 MOA clicks

Circle Dot

Illuminated with 10 brightness settings

30mm tube

Reviews are mostly good but when this scope fails it is catastrophic.

I somehow (during transit) busted the battery housing off my first on. They replaced it promptly.

It sits on my MGI where my Elcan SpecterDR used to (Wish I hadn't sold it plan to get new one.)

It's in a Larue SPR-E mount worth more that it is, but when I get a Night Force 2.5-10×42 NXS™ for my AR-10 carbine, the mount will migrate with the NF there.

Overall I can't complain. Tracks well, takes abuse (good dent on tube near the front lens seems not to be a problem) Worth the $200 or so I paid for it. Haven't changed batteries in it in about 2 years and it's still good so no bleed when it's off.

I adjust it often as I switch calibers on the MGI. It always seems to go back to zero and stays consistent.
10 years 10 months ago #25745

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic Millett 1-4 x 24 DMS Designated Marksman Red-Dot

This. In addition to caps breaking, I've seen turrets "spun out" from multiple quick adjustments. And the thing weighs a ton for a 1-4x. I'm also out on the .5 MOA adjustmet increment.
RLTW
10 years 10 months ago #25749

• Thank you received: 212

Replied by faawrenchbndr on topic Millett 1-4 x 24 DMS Designated Marksman Red-Dot

I have went through three of those. Over time, the housing leaks and they fog up.
After receiving my third replacement, I sold it.

Money spent on cheap optics is money lost that could have no been put towards quality optics.
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
10 years 10 months ago #25750

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Millett 1-4 x 24 DMS Designated Marksman Red-Dot

Expect more for $200 but if the entry point is low enough then just roll with it.

I learned from my dad that you spend your money wisely. We never chained oil in our old ranch truck. It was an old 54 chev dad bought in 55. Not sure how many miles on it but well into the hundreds. Burnt oil like a furnace. We always added an extra qt of oil as it burnt so much so fast. It literally dripped out of the exhaust pipe. So when we changed oil on the other stuff we saved it and used it in the truck.

The old truck only gave about 5 lbs of oil pressure with 50 wt. But it was a good truck. When we bought oil for it we paid .10 cents a quart. There was a service station in town and the guy sold oil for 10 qt in your container, 15 cents if you used his and put it in your car right then in the driveway and brought the container back or .25 cents if you took it with you.

Sure would like to have that old truck back...Chevy 3500 5 window Deluxe, factory radio, chrome trim package (bumpers, window frames).
10 years 10 months ago #25754

Replied by faawrenchbndr on topic Millett 1-4 x 24 DMS Designated Marksman Red-Dot

Not sure I follow the truck story,........?

I get out of it; neglecting routine maintenance to save a few bucks is the way to go?
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
10 years 10 months ago #25758

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Millett 1-4 x 24 DMS Designated Marksman Red-Dot

Not really...it was just the old ranch truck, old 6 cyl with babitted bearings, that thing was burning oil when it came off the show room floor. We drove that truck for almost 25 years and it never failed us. Did not bother to change oil as it literally changed itself.

Point being, why put in $1.50 qt oil (back then) when it was going to do nothing for the truck, so we used cheap used motor oil and did so for well over 200,000 miles over nearly 25 years. No need to do anything else...
10 years 10 months ago #25760

That reflection makes perfect sense.
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
10 years 10 months ago #25761

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!