Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Nikon M-308

• Thank you received: 80

Nikon M-308 was created by Lizardette

www.midwayusa.com/product/368918/nikon-m...dc-800-reticle-matte

I've been taking a hard look at this one. I mean, target turrets, BDC reticle calibrated for the bullet weight I use most often, good range of adjustment, and it includes a one piece picatinny scope mount with a built in 20 MOA of elevation... The price seems pretty good.

There are better scopes on the market, and better mounts. All the same, if your budget is a little tighter, then it may be worth a look.

Just thought I'd share.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
10 years 7 months ago #28704

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Nikon M-308

There are a few that have bought that scope...and had nothing but good things to say about it....if I could sell my Mark 2 for what I want...it would be one of my choices....I think you couldn't go wrong with it...
If you make the Jump...Please let us know what your thoughts are on it..
As for mounts...well I always recommend ADM....Just me... :usa:
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
10 years 7 months ago #28801

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Nikon M-308

Libertarian 623 has one on his RockRiver Arms LAR-8. Might send him a PM and get his opinion of it.
10 years 7 months ago #28802

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Nikon M-308

Bang for buck, this scope is a great buy. To do better expect to spend more, a LOT more. For it and let us know...
10 years 7 months ago #28808

I have a Nikon Monarch 4x16 without the BDC and it is an outstanding scope. I can order custom dials tailored for specific loads from Nikon. I am thinking of doing it for the FGMM 175grain SMK load, that should give me the equivalent of the .308 BDC.
10 years 7 months ago #28815

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Nikon M-308

I did buy the M-308 with the BDC reticle, for short range and medium range it works well but when shooting on the far side of the scopes abilities it gets scetchy.After 500m I just switch to dialing in the MOA on the turrets (it has great turrets). The hold over points work great up to 500 makes for very rapid transition between targets ( sometimes as little as 1-1.5 sec)which is ideal for the battlefield.I always dial in the variables for spin drift,wind for shots beyond 300m. You can certainly shoot better than 1 MOA using the holdover points. I also have the 45 degree offset BUIS on this rifle, it is effective (less than 1 MOA)from zero to 800meters currently. After the upcoming shoot I will do further load evaluation and strech it out as far as I can.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
10 years 7 months ago #28838

I forgot to mention the Nikon spot on program. It works great to confirm your shooting, I say this because I found a glitch in the program and have been coresponding with Nikon tech people to get a fix. Also keep in mind just because you had good results with one lot of a certain factory load doesn't mean it will work as well with another lot off a different machine. (you will need to buy large lots and then go through like a confirmation process) no two machines are alike. The lot I am working with for the up coming shoot is a little hot so the Spot On generated BDC charts are off (not much at short range ) but anything after 300 and forget it. It really is a great idea (the BDC reticle)belongs on the Urban battlefield where it will save lives. Hope this helps it is my opinion only.
10 years 7 months ago #28839

Lib have you had your competition yet?
10 years 7 months ago #28854

Sis- Not yet, its on the 27th, 28th. I have been practicing alot, I feel confident I will make a good showing. Thats as far as I will go, there are going to be alot of good fclass shooters there. And while this will be nothing like a f class shoot, their trigger time counts.
10 years 7 months ago #28881

• Thank you received: 6

Replied by Turbo V6 Camaro on topic Nikon M-308

I have this scope and love it, my only nit pick about it is you have to have your eye in the perfect spot or you cant see through the scope.

I found to set your eye down and move to the scope when you the butter zone you will know, it's only about 1/2 inch wide.
10 years 6 months ago #29558

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!