Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Burris 3-12 mil dot illuminated best buy

• Thank you received: 0

Burris 3-12 mil dot illuminated best buy was created by Hutchcat

I looked at leupold and nightforce, both great if i win the lotto nothing but nightforce, but until then i own about 8 burris scopes had problem with 1 great service quick turnaround, the new one my wife said cost more than her first car is the green 3-12 illuminated mil dot for $750 midway sale
worth the money just as good as leupold.
15 years 9 months ago #143

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by AZMM on topic Re:Burris 3-12 mil dot illuminated best buy

Thanks to your post I am starting to look at some of the Burris OD Green tactical scopes. I may just have to pick one up for trial when I obtain my new AR-10s.

Thanks for the input, but I have one question for you. I always take a new scope before mounting it and subject it to two key tests. First, I will place it in the freezer to determine if the inside optics will fog up indicating a seal problem obviously. Second, I then fully submerge the scope in water for a few minutes at least and observe for any air bubbles emitting from the scope tube. If either occur you have a problem that needs warranty repair before the scope should be mounted. Have you tested your Burris scopes in such fashion just out of curiousity?
15 years 9 months ago #176

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Hutchcat on topic Re:Burris 3-12 mil dot illuminated best buy

No i have only done this type of testing when in zero weather when elk hunting, had a 3-9 burris old style no problems, with the ones i have now they are for daylight long distance no severe weather.
15 years 8 months ago #194

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!