Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Anyone Own....A Burris

• Thank you received: 102

Anyone Own....A Burris was created by BUILDING MY SASS

Does anyone out there own a High End Burris scope...
After buying my XTS-135 Red Dot, I have been giving Burris a Closer look...I am looking at this one...I need something a bit bigger for my Baby...when I shot last time...at 400 yards I did not have the greatest picture...as far as power wise...anyway any thoughts or comments...from the class... ;)

This is the one I am looking at...
BMS

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 1 month ago #3309

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by dfree on topic Re:Anyone Own....A Burris

I own a burris xtr-14 its on my 450 bushmaster I also own nikons leopold mk4 4.5-14 bsa and barska my opinion you get what you pay for every one of my optics has a purpose for the money the celerity on the burris is fantastic as a hunter i only use my high power scopes for bench work and woodchucks after that ill take a 2 to 12 or a 1 to 4 anyday of the week.
14 years 3 days ago #3855

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by donkey1984 on topic Re:Anyone Own....A Burris

-dfree
WELCOME TO THE GROUP! and thanks for posting your advice, the more quality input we can get the better!

-BMS
I was kinda interested in the Burris scope that has the rangefinder on it. but i have heard good things about Vortex(good price for the quality), and my buddy has a Nikon Monarch 4-16x50 and it is really nice, he got it for about $500 new.
14 years 3 days ago #3857

Replied by Laughing Elk on topic Re:Anyone Own....A Burris

For what it's worth, I just bought my third Vortex Viper. Great scopes and their new tactical PST's are VERY nice. I trade with Liberty Optics on glass. Scott is the owner and goes to the Shot Show every year. He always reports back on what he sees and blogs his comments. I've seen his comments on Burris and he doesn't sell them - that's about all I can tell you but the details are in the blogs. www.libertyoptics.com

Anyway good luck.
Elk
14 years 3 days ago #3859

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Re:Anyone Own....A Burris

Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by a Guest.
14 years 3 days ago #3860

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:Anyone Own....A Burris

Laughing Elk, that was some hatchet job...he doesn't like them very much, that much is curtain...
MSH....I have heard the same from a few people...I guess when you are crossing over the $750 mark, you definitely want as much input as possible... ;)
Donkey, I almost bought a Vortex red dot, but given the electronics in it,,,I didn't trust it...and I called and talked to them one day...asked for a catalog, never got one...so I kinda wrote them off...but maybe I will take a look at them again...I guess I am looking for a long range scope but trying to keep it under 1K...my Mark two works ok, but out to the longer ranges I can't get pin point on the target...it is kinda hold and hope.... :lol: :dry: I did take the target at 400 yards...8 out of 9 so I hit the darn thing...but I had trouble seeing it with the scope...need more power for the range of the gun....when I find what I am looking for...I will use the Mark 2 on my M-15...
Anybody got a used Mark 4 LR/T they want to get rid of...
CHEAP.. :silly:
BMS

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 3 days ago #3864

Hatchet Job? Interesting.

Good luck to you
Elk
14 years 3 days ago #3867

LE, well he did chew them up pretty bad...

"Conclusion: Still junk. Love the "Invisible knobs" where you can hear the clicks but can't feel a darn thing. The wire reticles are so badly finished is looks like someone painted them with a brush, with different colors. The optics were simply OK. I think these are made to make someone money and there is little to no effort in making these a good product."

I guess I could have said, did a lawn mower job on the them... :lol:
I meant no offense to the company...Your friend....I was just stating that he was HARSH on them...but to each their own..About like me and Bushnell...so we all have our opinion..
BMS

14 years 3 days ago #3871

No worries. I have only looked through a few of the Burris and nothing particularly recent. I actually owned one once and it ended up going on top of a rifle that I didn't like to the "USED" rack.
I wanted to point him to an 'expert' and that's what I consider Scott. Scott's been in the optics business all his life and has the critical eye of someone who looks through good and bad glass daily and sees the differences. I forgot how hard he slammed them, but remembered he didn't like 'em much. Like I said. No worries. :)
Take care,
Elk
14 years 2 days ago #3875

Ok, No worries if no offense was taken....
You know after those posts, I got on midway and started looking around at the High Power Range scopes....you either get cheap, or you got the high dollar ones...found a few in the 5 to 800 range, but not impressed with the reticle or options....this is going to be a quest, I can tell.... :dry: It would also help if I had some place close that carries those high powered scopes...to see the difference for my self.... :unsure: :dry: :whistle:

BMS

14 years 2 days ago #3882

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!