Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Need a Level.

• Thank you received: 102

Need a Level. was created by BUILDING MY SASS

Recently I got my MidWay USA flyer and saw these levels in it, so I thought I would post them up for anyone looking for something to help level up the gun when installing a scope or as a anti-cant devise...At present I have the Level to level to level that I use but I am thinking about getting one of these...probably the US optics one... anyway here they are... B)

www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=498458

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 1 month ago #3326

This message has an attachment image.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:Need a Level.

and the US Optics one, this one you can get in three different models...and is abit more expensive...but worth it I think.
www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=323442
BMS

This image is hidden for guests.

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 1 month ago #3327

This message has an attachment image.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by The Duck of Death on topic Re:Need a Level.

Kuhl.

You should wait and see how much interest there is. Maybe do a group purchase. Midway kills you on shipping for just one or small items. It would seem you could drop one of those in a bubble wrap Tyvec envelope and send it for $0.44. Midway's going to charge you $20.00 minimum.
Last edit: 14 years 4 weeks ago by The Duck of Death.
14 years 1 month ago #3328

Well DUCK, I am going to strongly disagree with that statement...
I have done business with Midway for a couple of years....I happen to like their shipping rates...better than some of the actual companies that make the stuff....On one of my orders that was over $600 I only paid $13.00 for shipping UPS...even on ammo I don't pay that much...and get my stuff in about 3 days, unless I order on friday...LOL, any way just for the record this is todays shipping costs....and I guess it depends on where you are shipping to.

UPS Basic $6.89 Should arrive by 4/2/2010
USPS Parcel Post $7.10 Should arrive by 4/8/2010
UPS Ground $12.50 Should arrive by 4/2/2010
USPS 1st Class Mail $3.93 Should arrive by 4/2/2010
USPS Priority Mail $7.25 Should arrive by 4/2/2010
UPS 2nd Day Air $19.21 Should arrive by 3/31/2010
UPS Next Day Air $41.36 Should arrive by 3/30/2010
UPS Next Day Air Saver $38.31 Should arrive by 3/30/2010

Part of the shipping cost is the insurance, so that it can be replaced if it gets smashed or swiped...
But it all depends on ones preferences.....I for one always give them a A+ on shipping and customer service...Alot better :) than Cheaper than Dirt. :angry: ..that is for sure.... ;)
BMS

Last edit: 14 years 4 weeks ago by BUILDING MY SASS.
14 years 4 weeks ago #3332

I ordered a $17.95 floor plate/magazine extension for my Remington Sendero. The part was $17.95 and the order came to $39.42.

Maybe it was the four pounds of "free catalog" that was in the box that added so much to the shipping costs. :(
14 years 4 weeks ago #3334

Well, not sure where you were having it shipped, but as for the catalog adding to the shipping, I doubt it..
I get one every year...with my orders or in the regular mail...but Hey what can I say, I have always been treated right by them and so do most of my customers and friends...for what it's worth...sorry you had a bad one...You should have called and talked with them, they may have gave you some credit back or made it right with you in some way....they are good about that....
BMS

14 years 4 weeks ago #3335

Replied by huntenthusiast on topic Re:Need a Level.

I found out through them that if the order is under $25 the shipping is higher. I can't recall the exact reason they gave me but that is the case.
14 years 4 weeks ago #3384

Ya, I found that out. I took BMS's adviced and called them and whined. I now have a $4.00 credit there.

BMS, If you want to do a group puchase I'm in for one. The ones they (US Optics) show on their web site pivot back it looks like.
14 years 4 weeks ago #3385

Replied by deerhammer on topic Re:Need a Level.

I have never used one of those levels, are they really neccessary?
My bolt .270 is dead on with a scope I put on by eyeball...
14 years 4 weeks ago #3402

Not really unless you are AR about being perfect on the level part...(AR stands for annal retentive,,,, :laugh:)
The two I posted are actually for anti-cant, more than setting up a scope, but for me, I like to make sure the gun is level to make sure the scope it to...I guess it is me, remember my vids on the XTS-135
I used the Level to level to level. to level up the gun and the scope..then your adjustments are dead on...but as with me, I found I tilt my wrist out just a tad when I hold the gun, so making it level to set the scope is a difficult thing...I guess I am one of those WEIRD people.. :side: :huh: :whistle:
but no my friend, you don't really need one...you may do just fine, just thought I would post them if anyone was looking for something like this....we had this discussion in another thread awhile back..
BMS

14 years 4 weeks ago #3403

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!