Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Leatherman

• Thank you received: 67

Leatherman was created by foxhunter

Anyone have any experience with Leatherman scopes? Seem priced about like Leupold vari x 1 or 2. I was actually looking at a 1.5-6x for a slug gun, mainly because I have some nice 30mm tube diam mounts and this is the only nontactical(ie. inexpensive) scope with a 30mm tube diam I could find. price around $250.
13 years 8 months ago #5139

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by Hank in Arkansas on topic Re:Leatherman

Do you really mean "leatherman"? I've heard of Leatherwood scopes, but don't own one.
13 years 8 months ago #5158

Replied by foxhunter on topic Re:Leatherman

oops. Meant Leatherwood. thanks.
13 years 8 months ago #5159

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by madcratebuilder on topic Re:Leatherman

No first hand but I do know two guys that have them on M1A's. They are very pleased with them. I have looked through the glass, they seem to be nice. These are mil-dot's.
13 years 8 months ago #5172

Replied by foxhunter on topic Re:Leatherman

Well, I already have a leupold 2-7 on a 12 ga slug gun that I use, so I may just go ahead and order this leatherwood in 1.5-6 x24 to try it out and put it on a savage 220f for my daughter. Just sucks that we have to shoot deer with a shotgun in Illinois. She would much rather use her AR
13 years 8 months ago #5174

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Re:Leatherman

I ordered one while back for my 5.56 and when it showed up FRANKLY I was embarrassed for the company. I did not even mount it, I sent it back. Some of the worst quality I have ever seen. I should spent $39 bucks at Wally World rather than the bucks I sent on it.

Just plain POOR overall quality. In fact I would almost swear it was used WELL used. It was rough and supposed to be NIB! Well the box was new at least. Even my wife was surprised that it was that poor and cost that much.

I had always heard nothing but good about them, and maybe I just got a 1-off mistake, possibly a returned unit that fell out of a trash bin....
12 years 2 months ago #10255

• Thank you received: 41

Replied by Charlie on topic Re: Leatherman

I bought a Leatherwood Hi-Lux TP312 (3-12X50) and was very disappointed. The optics were cloudy at best, and I couldn't get it to focus on an object at 100 yds. It went straight back to the dealer for credit.

Leatherwood used to be good stuff. Maybe some of their products still are, but the TP312 is junk.

Charlie
"Yes officer, I know I smell like beer. I'm not drinking it, I'm wearing it!"
12 years 2 months ago #10262

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!