Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Scope Mounts

• Thank you received: 0

Scope Mounts was created by Engineer

I wanted to give a quick review on a couple of scope mounts. One of my rifles has a pair of ARMS #22High scope rings. Unfortunately the scopes I had for use on these rifles (until I financially recover) are 1" (Nikon 6x18 and Leupold 3.5x10 Mark III) so I had to use the inserts, ARMS #37 to adapt these rings to 1' tubes. The rings work very well and return to zero within my shooting capability with cheap ammo. The inserts must be machined to very tight tolerances, they snapped on the scope body nicely and when tightened evenly had about .030" clearance between the top of the ring and the base in all cases. I would recommend this setup without reservations, and once I can afford a 30 mm scope, all I have to do is remove the top of the ring and pull the scop and inserts.

The 2nd rifle has an Armalite scope mount, which is nice and sturdy, and seems well made. I bought an ARMS adapter from Picatinny rail to Picatinny rail which used the lever lock system (I have forgotten the part number. This system works very well and may be a bit better as the stresses on the scope are set by the mating of the Armalite part to the ARMS part.

Good Luck,
Barry
13 years 8 months ago #5179

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!