Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Zeiss Conquest?

• Thank you received: 1

Zeiss Conquest? was created by Maximus

Good or No-good out to 600yds? Ar10T, 260 Remington.
13 years 2 weeks ago #7257

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic Re: Zeiss Conquest?

As far as being "good out to 600 yards," it really depends on the magnification level you select. Zeiss offers it's Conquest line in a variety of magnifications. Personally, and some will disagree, I would go no greater than 12x for shooting out to 600-800 yards.

The Conquest line is Zeiss' entry-level offering. Of course you'll get great German glass, well-made turrets, and a fantastic warranty, you just won't get the super-duper Hubble Telescope type of glass that Zeiss uses on it's upper-end scopes or a lot of the other bells and whistles. Also, the Conquest has a 1" tube vs a 30mm tube and sight corrections are made in MOAs instead of MILs, if those are issues for you. I think it's telling when one company's entry level scope is the equivalent of most maker's top shelf offering.

HTH

Leb
RLTW
13 years 1 week ago #7260

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Lazerus2011 on topic Re: Zeiss Conquest?

I was shooting beside a guy who had a Zeiss Conquest 4.5 - 15.
I was using a Bushnell Elite 3200 5 - 15, which cost a LOT less than the Zeiss.

It was a dim, overcast afternoon, with light rain.
We BOTH agreed my Bushnell was brighter.

I am NOT saying the Bushnell is a better scope,
but for the "cost conscious" aka "Cheap Ba$tardS", the Bushnell may be a better value.

PS: As Leb mentioned previously, the Conquest scopes are 1", and so is the Bushnell 3200 line. While I like my Bushnell 5-15, I will be upgrading to a 30 MM scope soon, probably the Bushnell 4200 6-24 X Tactical.
13 years 1 week ago #7291

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!