Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Noveske N6 Carbine - Pics

• Thank you received: 5

Noveske N6 Carbine - Pics was created by JeffSavannah

Well she arrived today, after about three years of research, decisions, saving, and a timely tax return... I found the right rifle for me. Tonight I have thoroughly cleaned it and familiarized myself with it (first AR type rifle I've actually owned), and mounted a Nikon Prostaff 3x9x40 (duplex ret) on an armalite one pc. This rifle feels right, aims naturally, and I'm very glad I was patient and waited for a full fluted barrel (and like new but technically "used") because this "medium profile" 16" carbine has considerable heft, and the weight reduction of the fluting is very appreciated, besides all the other advantages of fluting (this was fluted as part of the custom order by Noveske). This gun was bought to carry into the field to hunt whitetail (or just about anything else in North America if need be), climb up stands with, hunt hogs at various ranges and terrain/brush conditions... as well as be a ballistically superior to what most potential zombie adversaries would be armed with, in any situation urban or otherwise. I was also very careful to select a weapon that will tear a new sub-moa ass in paper targets :evil: ...and I think I made a good choice and purchase. The only plans I have to modify is to get a two stage match grade trigger assembly that I can change out, though the one stage on this rifle is very good, very crisp, and will keep it no matter what. I might also consider a Magpul PRS buttstock for the range. Hopefully I will get directions to a fairly local country rifle range to get some rounds down range tommorrow, but I'm going to have access to as long a shot as I need range next week. I'll post reports including ammo performance differences. Anyway, here are some pictures. Kinda crappy background, but it was late and I couldn't wake up everyone in the house doing a proffesional photo shoot... :unsure:
12 years 2 months ago #10546

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by WES213 on topic Re: Noveske N6 Carbine - Pics

Damn man that is nice, i was going to get one but how would i shoot it when it would cost me both arms and a leg. :lol:

Looks good and can't wait to see your reports on it as there is no way i could see them being anything but good.
We go to war to fight terrorism and Communism then vote for a terrifying communist to lead us God help us all.
12 years 2 months ago #10547

• Thank you received: 7

Replied by AR260rem on topic Re: Noveske N6 Carbine - Pics

Nice gun! Looking forward to the range report!
12 years 2 months ago #10551

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic Re: Noveske N6 Carbine - Pics

Noveske certainly does make good stuff. Good on you for being patient, and doing the homework, and saving to get exactly what you want. Being able to enjoy the rifle you want, the way you want, is so satisfying.

As always, I recommend giesele triggers. Several folks here also enjoy the timney trigger and give it high marks.

Your crappy pics look like a professional photo shoot compared to my best efforts.
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
12 years 2 months ago #10563

Replied by JeffSavannah on topic Re: Noveske N6 Carbine - Pics

Thanks guys. Trying to find a range (I haven't lived in this area long enough to know all the spots) right now (I'll have one next weekend for sure).

13fcolt, yes, the giesele is my first choice, and I have also heard good things about the Timney. What do you think about the JP adjustable? Oh... and send me your rifle... and I'll take a few weeks to do a VERY GOOD picture lay out... since it's obvious I have natural talent... would it be okay if I shot your rifle to get that "just shot" look in the pictures?.... LOL

Wes, as per arm and leg... I paid $2800 for it, it was still "in stock" at the law enforcement supply dealership, but had 20 rounds shot through it by the owner that had custom ordered it for himself. There is a BNIB of this rifle on GunBroker right now for $2900 without a magazine and without the $135 Noveske fluting job mine has. Mine also came with 7 new still in bags 20 round Armalite GenII magazines ($210 value). I got him to throw in a $20 hardcase, so $465 less than a new one, if you figured you basically have to order a rifle to be fluted from Noveske and wait months and months, or pay $30 both ways to have one you bought elsewhere shipped to be fluted, this is really a $500 "deal". And as far as comparatively to an Armalite in price... this thing comes with $225 Troy flip up sights, the SWS free float quad rail is $300, and the $75 vortex flash suppressor is probably an upgrade to what's on most Armalite models. The SS medium/heavy polygonal rifled barrel is debateably a considerable upgrade... H3 buffer... when I got done with the math I figured I could buy an Armalite factory rifle (Armalite family the only choice IMO, this whole justification is similar to the justification for buying an Armalite vs. DPMS if you think about it... you get what you pay for) and upgrade and replace and this and that, or because the choices Noveske made, and the previous owner made with the fluting, were just like I would have chosen... I would be best served in buying this one, and have very little modular options to tweak, like trigger group and buttstock options. I think for someone considering going AR10T... which is comparable in price let's not forget... I think the Noveske is not so expensive a choice after all. It's certainly should be one of the purchase options I would reccomend everyone still in the planning to purchase stage should consider. For someone who likes to take a base model and self install upgrade option-out, or build from scratch, this is obviously not a good choice. And after saying all that... I would like to point out that I REALLY like Armalite... it's products, it's business model, it's customer service. And I may have only bought an Armalite upper reciever in this gun (the only actual Armalite component I believe)... but if I have any influence on others I will steer them towards Armalite, and as an afterthought if they seem to be in the high end range... reccomend Noveske. I'm not sure if Noveske has any licensing agreement with Armalite (or the other handful of AR-10 compatible gunmakers like GA Precision, American Spirit, etc.) and makes a little bit of money on a Noveske sales... but I really respect Armalite for mentioning these other makers on their own website as quality custom makers of Ar-10s. I can't say enough good things about this whole family of manufacturers. I'll also say this, I saw enough before I ever spent a dime that I will try my best to talk people out of buying a StonerSR25/DPMS family rifle... the price "break" is so trivial compared to what you get... if a few hundred dollars will make your decision... I would rather loan someone the extra handful of hundred dollar bills and let them get the best... might save on a lot of "my rifle won't feed right..." advice sessions... ;0)

Thanks guys, now I'm getting off this puter and gonna see if I can get some shots down range... wish I knew more good ole boys in the area... !!!
12 years 2 months ago #10571

Replied by WES213 on topic Re: Noveske N6 Carbine - Pics

You get what you pay for and i am sure you got it all at a good price but the money here is tight as i just had a growth removed from my trachea a few days back and the AR10T that was going to take me a few months just turned in to a 2 year draw out. :pinch:

As for your take on not going with a sub par gun and then dealing with the problems later that is why i will wait 2 years or so for what i want as appose to settling for the DPMS that i could have got right away.

While i do love the look and work that you see in all Noveske guns i wanted to start out with the true AR that is Armalite and when it comes to Noveske it is a matter of being a bit more gun then i need but my dreams of it will go on. ;)

So over all when you get out there and pull that trigger pull it once for me as that was a grate find and better buy in my book and Noveske will always be my someday gun if you know what i am saying.
We go to war to fight terrorism and Communism then vote for a terrifying communist to lead us God help us all.
12 years 2 months ago #10572

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!