Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Update Noveske N6 pics/range report

• Thank you received: 5

Update Noveske N6 pics/range report was created by JeffSavannah

*Having trouble uploading the pics, so I've started a new topic, and I'll break the pics up in multiple msgs.

Got to shoot finally Sunday. Me and my two older boys had very little time till dark, were distracted (and even heckled LOL) by a "drunk neighbor" [of the person who let me shoot on their land]. We shot off a homemade, old, salvaged wood pedestal with plywood I screwed to the top, and $24 Redhead sandbags packed with rice on bed slats I cut up as elevation adjusters.

Only shot Federal Gold Medal Match Sierra Matchkings in 168gr (.308 Wichester). After zeroing the scope at 50 yards (no bore sighting, had mounted it before hand and went up 6 clicks and was on the paper 6" left 1" low on the first round, took about 5 rounds to zero) I shot one five round group (Pic #1) at 50 yards, then one group at apx. 100 yards (pic #2), in a hurry, just over 1 MOA (obvious shooter related pattern though). Then my 15 year old shot a five round group, then the 13 year old (pic#'s 3 and 4) at 100 yards. This is the first time they've shot a full sized cartridge rifle of any kind, and only a few rounds on an AR15 about a year ago otherwise. They did really well I think. :)

Pic #5 is my five year old's newly given Red Rider BB gun he's so proud of... he saw me taking pictures of mine and wanted to show you guys! B) Even the wife is happy about this whole thing, and we finally have the opportunity to have a family hobby after years of struggling paycheck to paycheck.

Rest of the pics are the N6 with the new accessories I just bought, and from the way this entry level bipod and Magpul vertical grip steady my sight picture... I think with some practice prone... I'll be consistantly going sub-MOA even with this [very good] one stage tactical trigger and VLTOR iMod collapsable stock. The Gissele two stage match trigger and the Magpul PRS will have to wait... I've pushed the financial envelope as far as it needs to go for now... and I'll need more ammo soon! :P

Tommorrow starts nearly a whole week I'll have access to a private shooting range that's as close to perfect as it gets. I'm pretty sure this rifle is much more capable than my skill at shooting it... yet... can't wait to see what I can do with plenty of light, no drunk hecklers, not in a hurry, prone on a bipod and with that vertical grip that feels very confidence inducing...
12 years 2 months ago #10612

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by JeffSavannah on topic Re: Update Noveske N6 pics/range report

"rest of pics" N6 w/accessories

Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by JeffSavannah. Reason: upload trouble
12 years 2 months ago #10613

This message has attachments images.

Replied by JeffSavannah on topic Re: Update Noveske N6 pics/range report

Pics 2-4 just won't upload. The kids groups were spread randomly, the 15 year old was right at 2 MOA the 13 year old about 2.25 MOA. My 100 yard group was a bullseye, one .5 MOA dead left, another 1 MOA dead left, then one above that .5MOA, then one above bullseye .5 MOA, furtherest apart at the corners from centers was just over 1". These pics were taken and saved the same way as the other pics, I have no idea why they won't upload. I kept trying just to see what was going on. I gave up, not important. Maybe the Red Rider will upload... Carry on!

Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by JeffSavannah.
12 years 2 months ago #10614

This message has an attachment image.

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!