Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

AR-10 A4 Former SASS Carbine

• Thank you received: 12

AR-10 A4 Former SASS Carbine was created by crux

Picked up a surplus 16" former SASS Carbine upper from Armalite. These uppers were originally made for the SASS competition, but never worked as well with the suppressor as Armalite wanted. They removed the adjustible gas system, and surplused them for about the same price as a regular upper.

Came as a complete upper with match barrel, free float aluminum quad rail. Combined with a complete Armalite AR-10 Carbine lower, PWS FSC30 Flash Suppressing Compensator, forward grip and Eotech as shown here. Easily shooting within 1 MOA all for the cost of a regular AR-10 Carbine, and though it is a bit louder the PWS FSC30 helps deliver rock-steady, low-recoil operation.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 15 years 4 weeks ago by crux.
15 years 4 weeks ago #1247

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by TN Longhunter on topic Re:AR-10 A4 Former SASS Carbine

I would love to pick up one like that. I have a AR10T and a SuperSASS that is fast becoming one of my favorite guns. It would be nice to pick up another upper to have around. Then I'd have to buy back the AR10A4 I sold to buy the SASS.
15 years 4 weeks ago #1255

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by crux on topic Re:AR-10 A4 Former SASS Carbine

It's a fun rifle. I'm probably either going to add a gen 2 Eotech flip 3x magnifier, or just go and get a 3.5 acog for it eventually just to utilize more of it's potential. In the long term I'll probably also get whatever exists for a 20" T upper that will have a decent scope permanently affixed to it.

I think it would be interesting to have a SuperSASS upper with an AAC SCAR-H SD w/ M.I.T.E.R. system, but it's going to be quite a while before I could afford the hardware and smithing required. And I have to ask myself how often would I really get to the range to work with it, it would probably be an expensive cabinet queen.
15 years 3 weeks ago #1258

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!