Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Alright Akai, you asked so here they are...

• Sharkey
  • Sharkey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Life Member
  • Life Member
  • Playgirl's Center-fold of the Century
  • Thank you received: 175

Alright Akai, you asked so here they are... was created by Sharkey

Not gonna make a habit of posting my weapons online but since you asked nice and all :) , here's the AR10A2CB and my Benelli M4 together. Still have kind of a long way to go with both of em.

I still need to get a shorter stock for the M4 as well as a tactical stock for the 10 and although I'm not crazy about that damn handle on the AR10, it works well with the flashlight which is something I HAVE to have on pretty much any weapon due to what I'm used to. I also configure everything for shorter type of combat rather than those long shots you guys make out west. Not too many places here to make a 500+ yard shot so if I actually needed either one of these, it would all be a 300 yard or less kinda thing anyway.

The compensator on the M4 is a Briley Door Breacher and it is as sharp as any set of daggers you could carry so if things get close up, it'll rip right through a zombie and be ready for another in no time. :evil:

Due to the rail and battle sight system on the M4, I also had to search high and low for a scope mounting system that would allow me to use the battle sights which I finally found. Now I just need to get a scope for it. It's a damn fine gun and I can place 9 in the head of a human silhouette up to a hundred yards almost as fast as I can with the 10 so that's one of my go to, close up weapons and the AR10 is for anything beyond that.

With Christmas time here, it might be a while before I get the bigger items for either of these weapons but maybe, once I consider them done, I'll post em one more time.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Sharkey.
11 years 4 months ago #13582

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic Alright Akai, you asked so here they are...

Good lookin' sticks, bro. Really digging the muzzle device on the Benelli. We used to use something similar on our Mossy's to give the breacher the right amount of stand-off when blowing hinges/locks. It also makes muzzle strikes a little more of a religous experience for any bad actor that gets in the way.

Ref the VFG on your rifle. Have you thought about a Magpul AFG? They're not too expensive and it puts your support hand at a more natural angle.
RLTW
11 years 4 months ago #13603

• Sharkey
  • Life Member
  • Life Member

Replied by Sharkey on topic Alright Akai, you asked so here they are...

Yes I have in fact. I haven't tried it but I like em. I grabbed that one because I can't stand the darn pressure tabs for the lights and hate fumbling to hit it when I need it so I try to go with something that puts it in a more natural position for quick on off.

I've got to find a foolproof way to mount a pressure tab for a light without super gluing it to the grips (which I have done when I had to) and I hate the velcro stick ons..

To put it simply, the tough thing for me at the money is the greenage and I grabbed the one that's on it on the cheap and it also holds spare batts for the light.

Eventually I'll find the right one but for now, that's it.

I also have a Harris bipod with quick detach for it that you can't see in the photo.

It just takes me some time to get it all together Leb but I ain't goin anywhere so, ya know.

I'm damn glad to see your news by the way. :thumbs:
11 years 4 months ago #13605

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic Alright Akai, you asked so here they are...

Thanks, bro! I'm with you as far as pressure switches go. I hate having cables dangling off of my rifle.
RLTW
11 years 4 months ago #13607

• Sharkey
  • Life Member
  • Life Member

I do have one on the M4 and found some awesome 2 inch black tape that sticks all day. The pad is under it and the cable is wrapped the heck outta the way.

My wife can work it pretty well too which is great although she's got her own lil toys for emergencies. She likes knowing she has options though.

I sometimes spend entire nights on the beach surf fishing so she is more comfortable having options... :)
11 years 4 months ago #13608

• Thank you received: 147

Replied by Akai on topic Alright Akai, you asked so here they are...

Yea :thumbs: Now were posting :bow: love the Black guns ya'no :dance: That's why I like to see pix, always gives me new ideas :drool: I'm going to have to check out the Benelli M4's I'm still working with the old 870 B)
AKAI
11 years 4 months ago #13640

• Sharkey
  • Life Member
  • Life Member

I love my old Rem 1100 Akai and it's funny because back in 1986, I had it parkerized and the furniture changed on it so it actually looked almost exactly like the M4 before I ever knew what one was. It's been through some tough times over the years when I could carry my own and has now been repaired a few times and a good gun for sure but not what it once was I'm afraid.

If you do happen to drop the green for the M4, you'll never look back. It really is a beautiful piece of machinery and out of well over 1000 rounds - not a single hiccup, jam or misfire and I can get 9 rounds of pretty much any type of defense load or slug downrange in about 3 seconds or so WITH accuracy. Heck I've even shot skeet with it - with the battle sights.

It's a nice piece for sure and thank you.
11 years 4 months ago #13645

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Alright Akai, you asked so here they are...

Very Nice.. :twothumbs:
Uh quick question....what caliber is the remote ... :whistle: :rotfl:
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
11 years 4 months ago #13679

• Sharkey
  • Life Member
  • Life Member

Badoom Boom... :clap:
11 years 4 months ago #13688

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!