Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Look what I got to shoot...

• Thank you received: 80

Look what I got to shoot... was created by Lizardette

Ok, so it's not MINE, but it is a rifle that deserves showcasing.

The owner inherited it from his father. Apparently, it originally came into the US as a Portuguese AR10 parts kit. I had no idea any where ever imported that way, but in hindsight it makes sense. Anyway, the lower receiver it was built on was definitely not made by Armalite. I forget the name of the company, but remember that the place of manufacture was somewhere in Kentucky. It was a sweet rifle. Sadly, it wasn't hitting paper at fifty yards, but the owner was more interested in testing function rather than accuracy. It did function well. I can say that for it.

Anyway, I thought you'd all like to see that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 13fcolt, super8mm, jtallen83, 10before15
10 years 7 months ago #28588

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic Look what I got to shoot...

i hate you.

seriously though that is awesome. did you get to open it up any and see the inside? would love more details on the carrier and stuff.
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
10 years 7 months ago #28591

Replied by Lizardette on topic Look what I got to shoot...

I did get a look at the inside, but no pictures sadly. As I remember, the carrier was pretty similar to modern ones, except of course for not having forward assist cuts. The charging handle was... different. One of the things I found odd was the location of the bayonet lug - on top of the barrel. Don't see that much outside of HK rifles. The condition of the parts was what surprised me. Everything on it was in great shape.

If I see that guy again, I'll ask about getting pictures of the insides.
10 years 7 months ago #28594

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Look what I got to shoot...

Good to hear from you again Lizzie. Wow! Shooting Armalite history. That is way above cool. If you see the owner again, ask if you can do a full photo shoot it. I always was curious about the old style charging handles and how they worked.
10 years 7 months ago #28596

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Look what I got to shoot...

Concur, guess its just me but the ole engineer would be more interested in it than shooting it, not that I would not want to shoot it, but the workings draw my attention first...
10 years 7 months ago #28607

Replied by Lizardette on topic Look what I got to shoot...

Sisco: It's good to have time to be here again. ;)

A friend elsewhere asked me something about it last night that I, thought y'all would be interested in hearing the answer to. Basically, it was about using the charging handle. It wasn't near as uncomfortable to use as I thought it would be. Having that rubber sleeve on it helped a lot I think. The other thing was that the charging handle didn't get in the way of using the carrying handle to hold the rifle. There was a lot of space inside it, and I don't have "small" hands.
10 years 7 months ago #28611

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!