Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Finished Assembly!

• Thank you received: 1

Finished Assembly! was created by RandR

Well it took me a little over a year but I have finished the assembly on my rifle. It is kind of a frankinrifle to quote what a guy once told me "he would never have". I am quite proud of it though. I may change some of the things that I bought because nothing was available. But I am going to shoot it a bit first! Thanks for all your help, especially MSH, Bob.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by RandR.
14 years 4 months ago #2437

This message has an attachment image.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Re:Finished Assembly!

That thing looks good. Which scope did you end up with on it. The picture dont show enouth to see.MSH
14 years 4 months ago #2440

Replied by RandR on topic Re:Finished Assembly!

I got a Nightforce 3.5-15 X 56, NP-R2 reticle. Can't wait to go shootin!
14 years 4 months ago #2441

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Re:Finished Assembly!

When you get to the range and shoot some call me and give us a report.MSH
14 years 4 months ago #2445

You can count on it. I couldn't have done it with out your help! Thanks, Bob.
14 years 4 months ago #2447

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:Finished Assembly!

RandR----
"You brought up something I had difficulty with when I was mounting my Nightforce Scope. When your scope covers the entire picatiny rail how do level the rifle to align the scope? I could not find any precision surface to work from."

I see two points where you might be able to set the level, the first is right behind the forward scope ring and the second looks to be just in front of the rear scope ring.
Possibly a third would be on the first rail notch (rail position 1) just be hind your magnification ring, but at that angle it is hard to judge how much room you have...remember I took the level out of the bracket to lay in on the top of the rail...
Now not meaning any offense, given that awesome scope you have, I would really have to suggest buying a LaRue Tactical LT-135 QD mount....this would make it easier to level up things and would give the option of taking off the scope for other toys you might want to put on it...
They are somewhat expensive, but well worth the money...as I have one and I love the return to zero capability of it, not to mention it make transporting the weapon alot easier and gives me the option for other things.....Just something to think about, and if you want to talk to another who owns one (or two) PM Foxhunter and ask how he likes them....I got him hooked on them...LOL.
If there are anyother questions that I can be of service, please ask away...be glad to help..
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 4 months ago #2574

I see what you mean about leveling locations. Here are some other close up pictures. I will need to come up some smaller levels. The smallest level I have now is carpenter's string level. Believe it or not I use it for getting me close dialing in parts on my milling machine. It is surprisingly accurate! Thanks, Bob.

This image is hidden for guests.

14 years 4 months ago #2577

This message has an attachment image.

RR, here you go, these are the same set up I use....they work very well. I also used one of the levels you mentioned, I had some serious irritations so to speak..
I think these would work good for you...

www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=529349

BMS

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 4 months ago #2583

RR I have to apologize, there is one other option that I forgot to mention, It is the US Optics anti cant device, I plan on getting one someday, they run a bit more than the level to level set up but this one you can leave on when you shoot...

www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=323442

BMS

14 years 4 months ago #2608

Thanks for the idea's! The scope leveling kit doesn't have great reviews, but it is cheap enough. I think there are some small machinist levels available. I'll let youknow what I find! RandR

Geez BMS, I though I had "finished my assembly". Just took my string level and checked my scope/upper level. Not nearly as close as I had hoped. So much for "hope & change". (a little political humor) RandR
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by RandR.
14 years 4 months ago #2612

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!