Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

My tricked out Armalite AR10 pics

• Thank you received: 96

My tricked out Armalite AR10 pics was created by txlongshotb4

After months of R&D, dozens of suggestions from a lot of you guys here in the forums, and thousands of dollars, here she is.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

She started life as a stock armalite. I pulled the barrel and replaced it with a Lilja 24' match grade, and shrouded that in a free float Daniel's Defense 7.62 lite rail, and put a J&P ent. adjustable gas block on as well. The flash hider is a Gemtech two lug-I am awaiting the BATFE approval for transfer of the suppressor.
I pulled the stock trigger and replaced it with a JARD 2lb. module. I also put on a MAGPUL SPR buttstock and a Hougue rubberized grip. I went with a Leupold MK4 3.5-10x40mm LR/T Illum. Ret. scope with the TMR (great reticle) And I went with a LaRue SPR QD scope mount and a LaRue QD bipod attachment with a Harris Bipod.
She is still in the "black"-I will be painting the whole thing the same coyote tan as the stock and handgrip. I am awaiting the suppressor so I can paint them all at once. I am also looking into night vision as well. I am leaning towards an ATN P22 optic that is modular to the existing day scope so that I wont have to re-zero for night use.
The coyotes and hogs are about to be SAD in my A.O...no more running amuck in the dark of night, rooting up my land without being held accountable!
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by txlongshotb4. Reason: still editing pics...
13 years 7 months ago #5524

This message has attachments images.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by txlongshotb4 on topic Re: My tricked out Armalite AR10 pics

And I just realized that I have posted the same picture four times...sorry about that-still getting used to how this thing works!
13 years 7 months ago #5525

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re: My tricked out Armalite AR10 pics

No worries on the system....I am still finding things...out :laugh:
SWEET rifle you got there :woohoo: ...
we need a "drooling" smiley. ;)
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
13 years 7 months ago #5539

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by wielywilly-g on topic Re:My tricked out Armalite AR10 pics

txlongshotb4 wrote:
WOW! Looks like a very nice rig. Do you know how heavy it is?

That's a Magpul SPR stock? It looks just like my PRS. Just Kidding. I built mine for coyotes also... And just needed another project. It was my first 308 rifle so why not get a modern semi-auto 308.

Mine is all black. I don't think I could bring myself to paint it. Will it be hard for you?

Do you know the accuacy of it yet? Say with FGMM 168's?
13 years 7 months ago #5543

• Thank you received: 11

Replied by Uncle ArmaLite on topic Re:My tricked out Armalite AR10 pics

txlongshotb4 wrote:
You should post photos like that on the ArmaLite Facebook page too!
13 years 7 months ago #5549

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by Hot Lead Zapper on topic Re:My tricked out Armalite AR10 pics

Vary Nice Rifle,

I have an older 05 QD Gemtech TRP-S on mine and I don
13 years 7 months ago #5554

Replied by txlongshotb4 on topic Re:My tricked out Armalite AR10 pics

The wheels of progress continue rolling, and now I have yet another picture for the forums. Here is the same rifle, now sporting a few optics upgrades, ( Leupold 2.5 inch sunshade and alumina flip up covers) and also sporting a base-coat of coyote tan aluma hyde and the previously mentioned PS 22.

SO sorry to all of you guys that asked questions I never responded to, I will do my best to do so now.

Hot Lead Zapper-that is some good intel-thank you.I am looking forward to getting that can on there and seeing what she can do.

Uncle ArmaLite- I will gladly post some pics to the ArmaLite FB page, but I'll wait until I get the suppressor on it and put the final cammo pattern on it...it will be worth the wait!

wielywilly-g-I haven't put it on a scale yet so I don't know the overall weight, but I can tell you that she is heavy! As for accuracy,I've only put about 20 rounds downrange so far, and they were not match grade, and the barrel is not yet broken in completely, and the best I turned in was .568...not too shabby, and I am looking forward to breaking trigger with some good ammo like black hills match or federals.

I paint all of my guns. (rifles anyhow.) I am an Army sniper, and I found out in this job that nothing stands out in the woods/desert like black. I've painted a lot of rifles, and at first it seemed a bit odd to do so, but anymore it's just a block I check when I build one.(scope,check...trigger job,check...paint,check...)

And yes-I did indeed mean PRS butt stock...sorry. :blush:

I owe a lot of the way this project has turned out to the guys here on this forum. I had always been a dedicated bolt gunner, and so when I started this project, I was far from being an expert. I am still a million miles from being a gas gun guru, but I was at least wise enough to seek advise here, and I am glad I did. This project has been fascinating and educational for me, and I owe a lot of that to AR-10T.com To all of you guys who steered me in the right directions, thanks a million!
13 years 6 months ago #5760

This message has an attachment image.

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by Hot Lead Zapper on topic Re:My tricked out Armalite AR10 pics

First, Thanks for your service and dedication to our Great Nation
13 years 6 months ago #5763

Replied by txlongshotb4 on topic Re:My tricked out Armalite AR10 pics

The BATFE got my form 4 processed faster than I ever expected, and I just got my Gem-Tech HVT QD suppressor in.

This thing is L.O.N.G. with this can on it, and it has gotten quite heavy. With the suppressor attached and no ammo in the mag, it weighs in at just over 17 pounds. (ouch) ButI am used to heavy rifles, so it's no big deal to me. None the less, there won't be any snap offhand shots with this one!
13 years 5 months ago #5954

This message has an attachment image.

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:My tricked out Armalite AR10 pics

OK...it's official...You Suck... :dry: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
But seriously...I am extremely envious...I would love to get a can or two...but alass...money goes elsewhere as fast as it comes... :(
Good on you Bro.... :woohoo: B)
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by BUILDING MY SASS.
13 years 5 months ago #5955

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!