Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Can anyone give me some news?

• Thank you received: 0

Can anyone give me some news? was created by Deputy108

Sabre Defense makes a AR combination a short barrel 16" 5.56 cal. that combines with a .308 22"-24" barrel both the upper receivers switches out on a Lower AR platform the uppers fit in to a backpack. Has anyone ever fired one these weapons? I would love to have the feedback.:unsure:
Last edit: 13 years 4 weeks ago by Deputy108.
13 years 1 month ago #7124

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic Re: Can anyone give me some news?

Good luck getting ANYTHING from Sabre. About a month ago, the US government shut down their Nashville facility and indicted the top four members of the company for illegal sale and export of rifles and parts. Guy Savage, a British national and owner of Sabre, is fighting extradition from the UK. So, what's out there now is all there's probably going to be.

As far as a truly modular AR goes, Colt's is bringing out the SP901 shortly. It's chambered for .308, but .223/5.56 uppers will also fit. The mag well (I think) has an insert that allows it to accept .223/5.56 mags.

Here's a link to it:
RLTW
13 years 1 month ago #7130

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Deputy108 on topic Re: Can anyone give me some news?

holy crap thank you very much for the info about Sabre Defense I haven't heard anything about that situation.
13 years 1 month ago #7131

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re: Can anyone give me some news?

Now that is Dam ARss funny...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :evil: :whistle:
On of the most EXPENSIVE AR companies out there...and they got busted....maybe they should have lowered their prices abit so more people could afford them...and they wouldn't have had to do a NO NO...
Reminds me of Delorean...back in the 80s...:laugh: :laugh: ;)
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
13 years 1 month ago #7139

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic Re: Can anyone give me some news?

Apparently, the shenaggians started shortly after Savage took control of the company in '02. Sabre made some kick-ass ARs, but I agree they weren't for the financially faint of heart.

Here's the article, dated 8 FEB 2011 from the Nashville Business Journal:
RLTW
13 years 1 month ago #7144

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!