Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Camo Wraps Revisited

• Thank you received: 12

Camo Wraps Revisited was created by crux

A while ago I had responded to a post about "camoform" wraps to add camo patterns to rifles.

Since my AR-10 at an unfinished stainless barrel, and a few finish issues I decided to go ahead and try out a desert digital pattern wrap, which I liked the results of.

Seen here in the middle:

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

I've since moved away from anything that could be considered desert, and I wasn't entirely happy with how I had cross wrapped the lower and upper. I had used a bunch of little strips which looked easy to remove at the time for opening the rifle, but turned out to be a pain. I decided one big strip would have been better. When I stripped all the camoform off the rifle I did found that there was some adhesive left in some places, which would probably need a solvent to remove, so I'll first say that if you have a gorgeous finish and want to keep it, consider avoiding wraps.

Someone gave me a spare roll of 4 inch roll of "Vet Wrap" (I see it listed HERE as "POWER FLEX") in a woodland pattern so I set about wrapping it up.

Results are as follows:

The lighting makes it look more yellowish/bright than it is. I definately like the new wrapping pattern. There's just one flap to rip over the back of the upper to gain access, and no interference with the controls. Should work well enough, and cheap (free in my case).

Not sure if this will have the same problem as the previous stuff (which sold for about $12, and with this roll I had a good bit left over), but if you aren't concerned about the finish, and want a temporary / changeable / cheap covering, this is an option.
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by crux.
12 years 7 months ago #8847

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!