Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

LAR-8 Predator HP

• Thank you received: 0

LAR-8 Predator HP was created by wvfalcon

Hello Folks,

New to the AR world. I had some experience in the early 80's through the 90's with the M-14 and M-16 while serving in the Navy. Since the black gun phenomena started I have wanted to buy one of my own. I read post after post and looked at manufactures offerings. Was hell bent on a M1A, but then wanted something a little more modern and lighter, yet still more punch than a 223. So looking at all the top brand manufactures and comparing notes and comments left by folks on the web I finally chose the LAR-8. Found one on guns-america and bought it. Its really a supply and demand and since there is no supply and a huge demand i paid close to top retail price.
Got this rig home, put it together and was in complete awe with the fit and craftsmanship that went into this machine. I would have to give form and fit a 100% score. Have yet to fire it so no grade on function. I have rings on the way and a good scope on hand and will be heading to the range soon. Was very concerned about break -in so contacted RRA and they replied with no break in required instruction. so we will keep all up to speed on progress.
12 years 6 days ago #10977

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by 6mmsuperlr on topic Re: LAR-8 Predator HP

Im looking into getting a 308 AR of some sort and this one is on the list. How does it shoot and what are your thoughts on it now? Would you buy again?
11 years 6 months ago #12306

Replied by wvfalcon on topic Re: LAR-8 Predator HP

This LAR is a shooter. I have had allot of guns but this one is by far the best out of the box shooter I have ever had. I will tell ya it is not toy like. at just under 9lbs it requires a little bit of muscle to handle well. The recoil felt is almost non mentionable, shooting all day with a t-shirt is not an issue. Mine really slings the brass, like up to ten feet away so I recommend at the range try to set to the right of other shooters. I would recommend this gun to anyone who is looking to buy a heavy .30 Good luck finding one and if you do buy it...
11 years 6 months ago #12323

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!