Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

RRA Poly 20rd mags

• Thank you received: 85

RRA Poly 20rd mags was created by Dabu

Anyone try the Poly mags? How do they work compared to regular FAL mags?
11 years 9 months ago #11952

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by mtrmn on topic Re: RRA Poly 20rd mags

Ordered 3 of them for my Bushmaster BAR10--the forerunner of the RRA rifle. They were a tight fit in the mag well and would not drop free. After determining where the offending extra material was and careful removal of same, they now fit quite well. They feed flawlessly and much smoother than any of my FAL mags. I will be ordering more soon and the FAL mags will just be emergency backup. I am more than happy with them. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dabu
11 years 7 months ago #12319

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by wielywilly-g on topic RRA Poly 20rd mags

I got 4 about a year back and they all fit slightly tight. Where did you remove material on yours to get a gravity drop out from them.
11 years 5 months ago #12688

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by mtrmn on topic RRA Poly 20rd mags

Here's what I wrote in the Bushmaster BAR10 thread----"I bought some RRA polymer mags for my BAR10 and they work flawlessly. I DID have to do some fitting-the mags were very tight in the mag well. I had to work down the fwd and aft sides of the mag where it inserts into the well. I used a pocketknife to scrape away a little plastic here and there, and also worked down a raised pad that RRA said I may have to remove for some applications. The mags came with a note showing the pad that may require work.

Took me about 30 minutes to fit 3 mags. Now they drop free and feed flawlessly, much smoother than my FAL mags. I will most likely purchase more soon, and use my FAL mags for backup only."

My mags came with a green piece of paper that shows a rectangular raised pad that may need to be worked down or removed completely. I did not have to do anything with the sides- only the forward and rearward surfaces needed attention. Insert your mags and pull them back out several times. The areas you need to work on will be shiny. Don't remove much material before you try it again. I'm sorry it took so long to reply-I haven't been able to sign in for some reason.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dabu
11 years 5 months ago #12841

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!