Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Range report

• Thank you received: 216

Range report was created by Libertarian623

Finally had a chance to get out with the chronograph and see where I am at FPS wise. I chronoed 3 rounds a Winchester 168gr Ballistic Silver Tip ( favorite round ) , Some Federal Premium with 180gr Nosler partitions and last some federal contract 150gr M-80 ball
First the Win Silver tips,they advertise this as 2538fps out of my 26inch barrel they picked up some steam. 5 rounds from two different boxes 2678,2679,2643,2633,2683. Next came 5 rounds of Federal premium Partition 2573,2609,2593, Federal M-80 ball 2773,2805,2793. Was working with my son on shot set up, trying to get him behind the weapon and solid to 800 on 1 moa steel before the end of the summer. Through 600 he was on 1moa steel doing fine till the wind came up, kind of humbling experience. After that I went to 600 with a good 10 mph full wind, got my dope dialed in on the first 600m 5 shot group below are the results. Pretty happy with this considering the wind was gusting 15. I guess all the practice reading the wind is paying off. Son said he learned a lot and had a great time. That's a perfect range day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83, NightForce
9 years 8 months ago #41519

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 62

Replied by magi on topic Range report

gezzz... that is pretty good....
9 years 8 months ago #41524

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Range report

Nice shooting Lib with that kind of wind. That 26 barrel gives you some extra steam. With your son, even better!
:twothumbs:
9 years 8 months ago #41529

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Range report

Well now that summer is slowing down I hope to get out and do some shooting to 1K this year hopefully in the next couple of weeks. Also posting here more. That reminds me I need to go order some ammo.
9 years 8 months ago #41532

• Thank you received: 122

Replied by NightForce on topic Range report

Great shooting!
9 years 8 months ago #41621

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Range report

Thanks Nightforce, everything seems to be coming together for me. Last couple range outings have been stellar. I just can't seem to get the right weekend off for any competitions. I told one of the guys on my shift I would trade him two for one on vacation days just to get one of them off and he turned me down. He is going to Iowa for whitetails that weekend. So I will probably shoot one late in the year.
9 years 8 months ago #41632

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!