Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

upper recievers

• Thank you received: 0

upper recievers was created by taticalrifle

I have a blem armalite upper what forward assist can i use or do i need to modify one?
14 years 11 months ago #1524

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 8

Replied by Scaup58 on topic Re:upper recievers

Did you get this from 762SASS? If so, he should be able to tell you what to modify to make Fwd. assist work. It uses an AR15 assist. If you install it and it protrudes into the bolt carrier space then it will need to be modified. I don't know more than that. There is a thread on this subject on AR15.com in the Armalite AR10 & 180 forum. I have one of his blem receivers on my carbine but I don't use a Fwd. assist, I just plug the hole. I like it and will get another for a second upper build if he still has them when i have funds.
14 years 11 months ago #1526

Replied by tolson68 on topic Re:upper recievers

Huh?
14 years 11 months ago #1527

Replied by taticalrifle on topic Re:upper recievers

how did you plug the hole? I did buy it from 762sass. He sayed that a colt should work with no modifcation.
14 years 10 months ago #1529

• Thank you received: 8

Replied by Scaup58 on topic Re:upper recievers

I used a vinyl shipping cap from some from some 3/8" copper tubing. There is rumored to be purpose built aluminum plugs for this but I haven't found them. When I have time I'll sit down at the lathe and make one.
14 years 10 months ago #1530

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!