Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Duracoat??

• Thank you received: 0

Duracoat?? was created by Blaznhale

Was thinking about refinishing some of my old magazine....anyone had any experience with the duracoat products.
15 years 5 months ago #573

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Policeman on topic Re:Duracoat??

I don't know about magazines but I have done a SS barrel and its great. I also did an old beater 10/22 reciever and it looks as good as new now. I am a duracoat junkie now. I have decided to order a few more colors and "paint" some other things.

Oh and a word to the wise, get a compressor as I used the canned propellant which works but can be tempermental.

Po-Po
15 years 5 months ago #574

Replied by bigwheel on topic Re:Duracoat??

It will add a little mil thickness .25 to 1.25 I think are spec on it.
15 years 5 months ago #584

Replied by MBYANKEE on topic Re:Duracoat??

I have used aluma hyde II on mags easier to use and cheap from brownells. I even re finished an old glock 19 slide i picked up worked great and looks really good
15 years 5 months ago #592

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by AZMM on topic Re:Duracoat??

Does anybody have a link handy for a good duracoat supplier? I was leaning toward cerakote, but may give duracoat a try first if its cheaper.
15 years 5 months ago #645

Replied by Rustbukit on topic Re:Duracoat??

I used to buy all my Duracoat from Lauerweaponry.com. They have all of the supplies and accessories for whatever you want to do. Duracoat has been a great product and I've never had any customers disapointed with any job I had done for them. I had a friend who did all of my firearm finishing for me and it always turned out great. He even did bolts and 'fit' pieces and we never had any interference problems from the coating being too thick. It works great for almost any application you can think of. It dries very fast but does not get to it's maximum cured hardness for about two weeks so be easy on it until it fully cures. After that it's almost indestructable.
15 years 5 months ago #650

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!