Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Colt 1911 Gold Cup

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Colt 1911 Gold Cup

I got this one from my staff when I retired, SS, folding stock, great little weapon, go SS if you buy one.

Oh wow, WOW, I just noticed its got back to back 25 rd mags, what will FeinStein say????

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by OleCowboy.
11 years 3 months ago #16355

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 16

Replied by Redscout02 on topic Colt 1911 Gold Cup

Oh yes SS for me I live in Corpus Christi, hell I'm rusting down here
11 years 3 months ago #16357

I like it down, I almost retired there, but I ended up here in Hill Country...
11 years 3 months ago #16363

• Thank you received: 16

Replied by Redscout02 on topic Colt 1911 Gold Cup

It's nice we don't get to enjoy the boat as much as we would like shift work her on one me on the other.
11 years 3 months ago #16365

• Thank you received: 41

Replied by Charlie on topic Colt 1911 Gold Cup

Hill country and Corpus. And here I am stuck in Shreve Burg! You guys suck :laugh: .

+1 on the SS 10/22. We've got that rifle minus the folding stock. Love it! Been looking for one of the old Fed Ord 10/22 bottom folders, but so far no joy.

Charlie
"Yes officer, I know I smell like beer. I'm not drinking it, I'm wearing it!"
11 years 3 months ago #16371

Born in Bossier City here...other than that I have no memories at all, Dad was in the Air Force we were just passing thru.

I got the 10//22 during the Klinton gun ban and folding stocks were banned. When I got it did not fold, but out comes the engineer in me and I look at the thing and figured out what they did, just put a notch on the spacer, so I flipped it over put it back in and it already had the notches for folding, so again I was flipping the finger at gun laws.

Keeping kids safe by not having a folding stock on your 10/22, don't cha just love our brilliant govt...
11 years 3 months ago #16378

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Colt 1911 Gold Cup

Bought my 10/22 in 1977. Put a Bushnell 2x scope on it and a sling and haven't done anything to it since except shoot and clean it. You guys have me thinking I should add a tactical stock, but I do like the M-1 carbine look it has now. And I have to have some wood stocks to admire and be "old school" about. A darn good rifle though in any form. Iam thiking about going with a Red Dot sight on it though.
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by Siscowet.
11 years 3 months ago #16381

10/22 is an ALL TIME WORLD GREAT weapon. If its the ONLY weapon you could ever own for all purposes from self defense to putting protein on the table then it would have to be a top pick.

The addition of doubled 25 red mags puts a lot of firepower in your hands.
11 years 3 months ago #16384

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Colt 1911 Gold Cup

:I-agree: I have been using the 25 rounders since the early 80's. The early 10/22's had to get their feed ramps polished before the 25 rounders were reliable. I don't know if that is still an issue. I lucked out, in that CDNN had 25 rd Red Mags on sale right before the November craziness and I bought up a bunch. Never had a jam except for the above ramp issue, which I took care of long ago. Have competition for it now, my son likes it a lot. May have to get him one when they become available again.
11 years 3 months ago #16386

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!