Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Dandy new truck "pistol"

• Thank you received: 216

Dandy new truck "pistol" was created by Libertarian623

While waiting for my RRA LAR-8 to come in I ordered a pistol and after a 90 day wait it arrived yesterday. This is intended as a truck gun. Dressed it up this morning with the MAGPUL stuff. I am on my way to the range for a extended break in, will have a range report later.

(Lib, next time, look for the "insert" tab right beside where you load em and your photos will pop right up when you post - like this...Sharkey :wave: )
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Sharkey.
11 years 1 month ago #19714

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Dandy new truck "pistol"

nice truck
11 years 1 month ago #19717

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic Dandy new truck "pistol"

Interesting stock design. :)

Can you describe your applications for it and how you practice with that type of stock?
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Sharkey.
11 years 1 month ago #19722

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic Dandy new truck "pistol"

I`d shoot the crap out of that thing if I had it,NICE!!!!
I can see how,even though it is a bit bigger and probably not as handy for swinging around in the cab of a truck/pickup/semi but I sure do like the looks of that thing,short and compact.
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
The following user(s) said Thank You: Libertarian623
11 years 1 month ago #19728

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Dandy new truck "pistol"

Sharkey- Thanks for the help with the pictures. In Michigan as of the first of the year pistols are now limited to no stocks, before you could register a FAL with a side folding stock as a pistol, if you had a CPL , you could carry it locked and loaded in your vehicle. Those that did this before the first of the year are grandfathered in. I never did this even though I had a CPL. Well this is the next best thing, while it does not have a stock it can still be braced effectively. I forgot the most important reason, because I can and don't ever want to get the short end of the stick. I have no range report because the sportsman club near me is closed due to the thaw being in full sling. And the range I built for a guy last year, that have a lifetime membership to, is still snowed in. I will provide a range report to include pic's of the 100 yard off hand target in a week or so. Maybe even a 200 yard target.
11 years 1 month ago #19737

Nice lookin new toy man and they are REALLY letting you guys stretch the old "what we consider a pistol" regs up there eh? Nice... :thumbs:

Not sure if it would really fit in any of my shoulder rigs though... :laugh:
11 years 1 month ago #19739

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic Dandy new truck "pistol"

IWB rig.
Seriously though, AR pistols are too much fun. I couldn't keep up with feeding one when ammo was cheap.
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
11 years 1 month ago #19749

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Dandy new truck "pistol"

Range report: shooting was like any AR, easy to control after two shots forgot about not having a stock altogether. Did a quick zero 4 shots at twenty meters on a red dot, then shot 1 3 shot group at 50 meters offhand , this gave me a 2 inch group. Then used a tree trunk as a brace and shot about a 1 inch group. Great results. The weapon functioned as expected without any problems at all. Once warm weather sets in I will do a more detailed shoot. The take away was that I mounted the red dot in the normal position for a scope, which is way to close on a weapon with no stock, I will remount it about 3 inches forward. pictures are of the 50 meter offhand and braced 3 shot groups.

11 years 1 month ago #19751

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Nothin wrong with that Lib. Nice shootin, nice rifle. Congrats on the new purchase and thanks for bringing it in to share with us all... :thumbs:
11 years 1 month ago #19755

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic Dandy new truck "pistol"

Good stuff! Ya know, you could use an SMG sized single point sling, bring the rifl...pistol out to where there's tension on your shoulder and use it like a fixed stock SBR.
RLTW
11 years 1 month ago #19759

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!