Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Sig Sauer and Ruger Question

• Thank you received: 8

Sig Sauer and Ruger Question was created by Fausty0

I have finally broken in, and am comfortable, with my Sig Sauer P250sc but the last time I went to go shooting I noticed something that I have never experienced before in any of my other CCW's. When I was practicing a rapid moving magazine drop and reload, I noticed when I aggressively put the 2nd Mag. in the slide would fly forward with it and would rack a round into the chamber. Then my Wife and I went to go buy her a Ruger LCP .380 for her CCW and that weapon does the exact same thing.

Is this the manufacturer's doing for a faster reload time or an issue with some of the sidearms out there today?

10 years 11 months ago #23461

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Sig Sauer and Ruger Question

WOW, that does not sound good at all. The gun can go off and if it does it becomes an FULL AUTO like that I have see it up close...
10 years 11 months ago #23470

• Thank you received: 99

Replied by 10-76 on topic Sig Sauer and Ruger Question

It is "normal". Happens with all kinds of semi-autos on re-loads.

No need to worry, just be mindful as usual to keep your trigger finger on the frame until back on target and ready to fire or de-cock.
10 years 11 months ago #23505

• Thank you received: 212

Replied by faawrenchbndr on topic Sig Sauer and Ruger Question

Can not say that I agree with this statement.
It does tend to happen with a lot of polymer pistols, Glocks and S&W mostly. Have never had this happen with a 1911 or a Beretta. While it is NOT a normal occurrence with a firearm, many tend to believe it is an acceptable and prefer this to happen.
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
10 years 11 months ago #23512

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Sig Sauer and Ruger Question

I just tried to replicate that with my Sig Sauer SP2022, which is a polymer frame. Repeated attempts to seat a new loaded magazine after ejecting an empty one did not result in the slide going into battery on its own, even once. I would recommend a call or email with the video to Sig customer service to ascertain the safety of your firearm, and whether or not it needs to be fixed.
Also check the magazine lips for bending or malformation.
10 years 11 months ago #23514

Normally it's due to a weak slide stop spring and a very stiff mag spring. A friend's G19 would do this every time with a loaded mag. Led me to change the slide stop lever. Worked just fine,........For about a year, then started dropping the slide again
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by faawrenchbndr.
10 years 11 months ago #23515

• Thank you received: 8

Replied by Fausty0 on topic Sig Sauer and Ruger Question

Thanks for all the input. I think I will give Sig a call and see what the deal is. I am not concerned with shooting it, as long as it is just me shooting it. However, I am working with my wife and her proficiency and would like her to get going with a higher caliber, such as the .40. I just don't trust this weapon right now. We'll see I suppose...
10 years 11 months ago #23646

Should not be any issues about trusting it.
Just need to know it WILL drop the slide when a mag is slammed home
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
10 years 11 months ago #23700

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!