Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

SIG PM400

• Thank you received: 556

SIG PM400 was created by jtallen83

I went and did it, grabbed a Sig PM 400 this morning. Got it with a couple P-Mags and 100 rounds for just over $1200, it better be reliable! It is cleaned, oiled, and greased now, ready for a test run this afternoon. I'll report back when I have some rounds down range. Still waiting on the Eotech for it.

LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 5 months ago #29765

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by jtallen83 on topic SIG PM400

So far so good. :twothumbs: 70 rounds of Federal XM193 Ball and no glitches. It drops the brass all in a neat pile about 2 foot across. The first target is what I called good for sighting in;

The cows were grazing our usual range so this was from a sitting position with a skinny tree for a brace in 20+ mph winds at 25 yards. I'm looking forward to getting the Eotech, my eyes just don't work so well with the iron sights anymore. I ended the session with 30+1 at a fairly brisk pace and was pleasantly surprised I kept them all on the paper;

I hadn't seen this model advertised yet on the Sig website but I liked the idea of having a gas gun with standard AR-15 parts and a lifetime warranty. It must be a fairly new offering, my serial number has a bunch of 0's before a 12.
The "brace" holds steady at whatever position I place it in. I did find it very awkward when strapped to my arm, hard to get a decent sight picture. It worked very well in the "Don't do this" position :naughty: , no problem getting a good cheek weld. I haven't put a sling on it yet but it has lots of optional attachment locations, any suggestions on the sling and hardware?
There is a bayonet lug but that would seem to defeat the purpose of the short barrel. It has an ambidextrous magazine release that works well. The trigger was a bit heavy but with a real crisp break.
I still have that Armalite SPR Mod 1 on order but I've been told it is an 18 month wait. In the mean time this will be a fun little gun! To bad I can't put a bipod on it, :naughty: stupid government rules! :usa:
LIBERTY FIRST!
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by jtallen83.
10 years 5 months ago #29770

This message has attachments images.

Put another 200 rounds through the pistol/rifle today. No malfunctions and even the rookie shooters were hitting with the iron sights! :twothumbs:
Beside the standard 55 gr. loads I ran the 62gr. green tips and a box of 45gr. varmint loads, dropped all the cases in a neat little pile. I'll try some heavier stuff when I find it and do some accuracy comparisons when I get to a good range again.
I'm finding it about impossible to shoot with the "brace" as it is advertised but otherwise it has quickly found a groove for me. Sig redeemed themselves for me on this one! :usa:
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 5 months ago #29830

A little more practice and I came up with this group;

45 yards from a picnic table with a range bag for a rest. I threw the one but with iron sights, 55 gr. Federal ball ammo, and my poor eyes I'll take it all day! It's a pistol :whistle: :usa:
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 5 months ago #29882

This message has an attachment image.

• Thank you received: 80

Replied by Lizardette on topic SIG PM400

Yeah... Rules...

I saw a guy with one of those cuffs attached to an AR pistol at the range a few days before we left. He was using it like a really short stock.

I can't help but wonder: Does putting the end of that arm brace up to your shoulder make the pistol into a short barreled rifle, in the eyes of the ATF? How stupid would that be? How are there still restrictions on SBRs?

Nice group, by the way. Certainly better than I remember doing with an AR pistol.
10 years 5 months ago #29888

I'm not going to ask the ATF myself but, everything I've read says that how I use the "pistol" doesn't matter, they judge by the intent of the design. If you choose to fire your S&W 500 from your shoulder it would still not be considered a rifle. It will be interesting to see if the gun nanny's catch on to this work-around SBR and shut it down. Hopefully Sig has some good Lawyers that can hold them off.
I tried it strapped to my arm, my joints are just not made to twist that way, not even close! Maybe if you held it sideways ghetto style you could get a sight picture.
I had also read I couldn't put a bipod on it but I keep thinking of all those rifle caliber single shot pistols I've seen with bipods??????? I hate all the grey area but love the "pistol" :usa:
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 5 months ago #29893

• Thank you received: 80

Replied by Lizardette on topic SIG PM400

I shot mine one handed, holding it up at eye level. I had the benefit of a red dot sight though. I think once the ATF figures out how many people are using it "wrongly," there's going to be a "problem." ...or maybe not.
10 years 5 months ago #29910

That's OK, I bought it with the idea that it would be a fine weapon to defend myself with against a tyrannical government! :usa:
LIBERTY FIRST!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lizardette
10 years 5 months ago #29914

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic SIG PM400

I've seen S&W 500's and .460's with a bipod on them, not to mention TC pistols out there with bipods. That's not saying it's ok with the fed, just that people have been putting bipods on pistols for a long time.
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
10 years 5 months ago #29917

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic SIG PM400

Nice lookin piece JT. Thanks for bringing it home to us... :usa:
10 years 5 months ago #29922

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!