Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

A neat idea

• Thank you received: 547

A neat idea was created by Siscowet

One problem with a lot of ranges is they permanently set their target holders in the ground. On rifle ranges that is fine, but then you run into the pistol range that has 25 yard targets, but no 10 or 15 yard targets. This may be ok for experienced shooters, but trying to teach a novice how to shoot a 3 1/2 barrel semi auto at 25 yards is a challenge. Your only other choice is to move up towards the targets which closes the firing line to everyone else. I saw a neat idea in North Carolina that many of you are probably already aware of, but I will share for those who aren't. It is a wheeled target holder, made up of two wheels, 2 x 4's and chicken wire. I am going to make a few of these for our local range. See the picture.

The following user(s) said Thank You: MrMarty51, NightForce
9 years 11 months ago #38153

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 147

Replied by Akai on topic A neat idea

We have pretty much the same at my local range - the wheels now who would have ever thought of that, much to easy :unsure: Thanks for sharing :usa:
AKAI
9 years 11 months ago #38154

• Thank you received: 122

Replied by NightForce on topic A neat idea

You're right! Both the 25 & 50 yard outdoor pistol targets are fixed in position and these can be set at what ever distance is needed....

Great Idea, Thank you! :twothumbs:
9 years 11 months ago #38161

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic A neat idea

That is a great idea.
I am working out a portable shooting bench, make it out of plywood, so it all breaks down and can be easily hauled in the back of a pickup, and, easily set up.
I took My idea from a portable picnic table that I once had, but, it was made from one sheet of plywood. My idea will probably take two full sheets as I want the table top to be 4' X 4'.
I wished I knew more about how to draw things out, on the computer.
I am going to wait until My brother gets here this July, He has a cabinet shop in Grass Valley, Cali. and is real good about measuring and cutting and building stuff as this.
A full report will be given when I geterdone. :twothumbs:
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
The following user(s) said Thank You: Siscowet
9 years 11 months ago #38168

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!