Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Sig P227 vs FNX45

• Thank you received: 547

Sig P227 vs FNX45 was created by Siscowet

Ok, so I had my mind made up that a Sig P227 was in my future. I went in a LGS to handle one and check it out. As nice as advertised. Pretty clean trigger. 10+1 45 ACP, not bad. Night sights, sweet! Then I saw an FNX45 next to it. Wouldnt hurt to take a look. Dang! Nice firearm! 15+1 45 ACP! A clean trigger as well. Three dot but no night sights. But $200+ less. Both have good online ratings. What do I do? Anybody have experience with either one?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Libertarian623
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by Siscowet.
9 years 3 weeks ago #44288

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by vanderbilt330 on topic Sig P227 vs FNX45

Well I have owned an FNP 45 USG since it came on the market. It has been perfectly reliable for the past 4 years. I did replace the sights with night sights and this has been the only mod done. The high capacity of the pistol is what I wanted since the high cap magazine scare back then. The trigger is great and I like the ambidextrous controls. FN makes the pistol at their plant outside Columbia SC. I had a chance to go on a tour a few years ago when Bob Ailes was the customer service manager. I was impressed with the facility and I saw the assembly area were the FNP pistols are made. The FNX line of pistols was derived from the FNP USG I have. I don't think you can beat the reliability of the FN guns and their price point doesn't hurt either.

Many will probably disagree with what I post. I have owned numerous SIG pistols and rifles and they are a great gun. I just like FN because they supply 70% of the US military weapons and I haven't found any thing to complain about with their products.
“DUTY is the sublimest word in the language, you can never do more than your duty; you should never wish to do less.” --- General Robert E. Lee
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83, Siscowet
9 years 3 weeks ago #44290

Replied by Siscowet on topic Sig P227 vs FNX45

Thanks for that input. Who made the after market night sights, if I may ask, as tht is one mod I would do.
9 years 3 weeks ago #44293

• Thank you received: 41

Replied by Charlie on topic Sig P227 vs FNX45

The specs are similar, DA/SA decocker. But if you add night sights to the FN it narrows the price point.

Is the FN 15 rounder an extended mag? That's available for the P227 too (but I don't like extended mags).

Nothing against FN, but my choice would be the Sig. I'm partial to steel frame pistols, and I've had a P226 since they entered the American market. Last year I added a P239 for EDC. It doesn't matter which one I pick up because the manual of arms is the same. If you go with Sig I'd stay away from the DAK and DAO versions unless you're awful sure that's what you want.
"Yes officer, I know I smell like beer. I'm not drinking it, I'm wearing it!"
9 years 2 weeks ago #44300

The FN 15 rounder is not an extended mag. Not going to get either one until I have a chance to shoot both.
9 years 2 weeks ago #44308

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by vanderbilt330 on topic Sig P227 vs FNX45

The sights are from Ameriglo. www.ameriglo.net/catalog/sights/pistol-s...t-sights/rear-sights

I have used them for years with great success.
“DUTY is the sublimest word in the language, you can never do more than your duty; you should never wish to do less.” --- General Robert E. Lee
The following user(s) said Thank You: Siscowet
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by vanderbilt330.
9 years 2 weeks ago #44309

Thank you for that. Right now they are out of stock, but I will definitely check them out. I have a colt officer I want night sights for as well. I am going to see about going to one of those ranges that lets you rent firearms and see if I can try these two out to see which I like the best. Will keep everyone informed.
9 years 2 weeks ago #44312

• Thank you received: 14

Replied by R6600DH on topic Sig P227 vs FNX45

I was able to touch and fondle a P227 SAS on Saturday. What a nice pistol. It would make an excellent carry gun. Melted corners on all angles. Very nice. I may buy one. I haven't had a 45 for a while. I'm hooked on 10mm's.
8 years 11 months ago #44688

After a lot of thought I decided to get an FNX45. The Sig Sauer is a beautiful weapon, but I am intrigued by the price and capabilities of the FNX 45. It can be carried cocked and locked like a 1911, or decocked like a Sig Sauer. It has a polymer frame, a coated stainless steel slide and barrel, and comes with three 15 round magazines, and 3 backstaps to adjust the grip to your hand. I also ordered some Ameriglo Tritium night sights and A Bladetec FNP pistol Pak for it which is a kydex holster and a double magazine carrier. Will review everything in the near future.

The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
8 years 6 months ago #45762

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Thank you received: 147

Replied by Akai on topic Sig P227 vs FNX45

Nice choice, don't think you could have gone wrong either way.
I'm still holding out for the FN five seven :pinch:
AKAI
8 years 6 months ago #45764

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!