Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

12 ga AR-10?

• Thank you received: 132

12 ga AR-10? was created by mlotziii

Hey there expert gunsmiths. Do you think it would be possible to build an AR-10 version chambered in 12 ga?

Sounds like something that if a variant were made would have decent demand for it.

Think we should try and design one?

Put a rem 12 ga barrel on an AR-10 and mill the crap out of an AR-10 receiver?

I haven't put a 12-ga up to an ArmaLite Mag yet... but it might fit ... and if it doesn't a 20 ga should fit no prob.

Does this idea have any legs?
11 years 4 months ago #14145

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic 12 ga AR-10?

Saiga already makes an AR based shotgun. The things are selling like hot cakes around here. The LGS' can't keep them on the shelves.
RLTW
11 years 4 months ago #14146

• Thank you received: 147

Replied by Akai on topic 12 ga AR-10?

I don't know if the AR platform could compete withe price on the Saiga pricing :blink: Although I would like to see one, more research needed :S next project anyone. :S Might be the next million $ idea anyone want to invest send your checks to AKAI
AKAI
11 years 4 months ago #14147

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic 12 ga AR-10?

I was checking out the RAAC Akdal MKA-1919 a couple of months ago which is a 12 gauge on an AR platform.

Seems to have decent reviews and there are a couple of companies that "tweak" them a bit and you can get em for under a grand. Sometimes down to around 5 or 600.
11 years 4 months ago #14152

I'm holding out for an AAS-12. Those things look like a LOT of fun, especially with the drum magazine.
RLTW
11 years 4 months ago #14156

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic 12 ga AR-10?

Don't personally care for shotguns, but I do remember a lot of mag and drum fed shotguns getting the ban hammer as destructive devices through the late 80's & 90's.
Saigas do fly off the shelves everywhere I've been. But then so does the judge..eww. I'm kinda sorta thinking that thing keltec makes might be neat too.
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
11 years 4 months ago #14172

The Bullpup pump with the side by side mags? Yea. It's a decent piece but I'm a semi auto guy. Have you seen their .308 with the forward exection? That's kinda neat too. I wouldn't want either but they have their places I spose.
11 years 4 months ago #14186

Kel-Tec RFB? I wanted one til I shot a friend's. It was ammo sensitive to say the least. He was always fiddling with the gas regulator, trying to tune it to the load he was shooting that day. It kinda put me off it.

But that dual-feed shotty looks pretty tight. You could have one tube with shot shells and the other with slugs.

Why do you prefer semi's to pumps, Shark?
RLTW
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by LebbenB.
11 years 4 months ago #14190

Cuz when you are driving down the highway at 130mph and need to shoot a camaro off the highway with one hand and steer with the other, pumping your shotgun to charge in the next round can be a pretty big pain in the patootie... ;)

Also, during any situation, at least to me, the less "technical" and/or "weapon manipulating" you need to do the better. I'm the first to say that there are some AMAZING pump shotgunners out there but since I have never seemed to have the time for that much practice, I primarily just prefer a gun that is ready when you need it and will blast out what I need, when I need, without having to do more than aim it right and pull the trigger.

In bad situations, I want lead going downrange when I need it and pumping a shotgun in between each round just always seemed like a distraction to me rather than any kind of advantage. But that's me and like I said, there are some GREAT pump shotgun guys out there that swear by them so it really is just a preference thing.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Sharkey.
11 years 4 months ago #14205

Here is a link to a very interesting article and review of the Akdal MKA-1919 with clips. It definitely looks like it delivers but I'd really like to see some bigger mag options for it. :)

www.defensereview.com/raac-akdal-mka-191...r-competition-video/
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Sharkey.
11 years 4 months ago #14317

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!