Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Trijicon ACOG 5.5x50

• Thank you received: 1

Trijicon ACOG 5.5x50 was created by NBT

Anyone use ACOG optics on their AR10? I'm really considering the TA55A for the AR10T/24" -w- Lothar Walther upper.
www.botachtactical.com/trta5ri.html

I'm also considering a scope versus the ACOG TA55A for the 24" Lothar Walther upper, and getting an ACOG TA11H for the 16" upper I got from Bob.

Right now all I have used is Aimpoint and Nikon Scopes....they have been great for the 223 platform and their intended purposes...but the 308 is going to be a bit more demanding.
There is talk about heading into bear/caribou country the next few years...so I want reliable optics that I don't need to ever second guess.
The ACOG TA55A 5.5x50 has come up in a few searches of mine.

TIA for any info, concerns, experiences.
11 years 10 months ago #11893

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re: Trijicon ACOG 5.5x50

If I remember right....I think CRUX has an Acog on is A4 C....
Personally I would give it some thought...remember that the Acog is usually a Fixed power...I know some have regretted it after buying one...Not putting down...just saying...it all comes down to what you want...I would say maybe a Eotech if you don't like the comp set up....with a optional 3x magnifier behind it...
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by BUILDING MY SASS.
11 years 10 months ago #11896

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by cliff on topic Re: Trijicon ACOG 5.5x50

I have a ta31 m4cp on my wilson combat 5.56 it's a fixed 4 power scope. on a bipod at a 100 yards you can get consistant 1-2 inch groups I have just a 3x9 leupold on my ar10t I can shoot 1 inch groups all day long on a bipod with it,,and i'm 59 years old wearing glasses from the dollar store.LOL..I have shot with a friends rifle with the 5.5x50 and would love to have one for my 10t but can't really justify it at my age and the economy the way it is now. but got to say the acog isn't a long range sniper scope but it's just a joy to own and the quality can't be beat..for whatI shoot 100-300 yards it's all I will ever use any more.unless your trying to read the upc code on a shoot and see target at a 100 yards...if I could afford another acog I would love to purchase the 5.5x50 . no regreats at all on my 4 power acog...also I would love to own a nightforce 5.5-22 ..a friend let me use his for a few weeks..but,,if I had the choice between the two I would take the acog 5.5x50 ,, but thats just me..
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by cliff. Reason: spelling
11 years 9 months ago #11956

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic Re: Trijicon ACOG 5.5x50

ACOGs are fabulously tough and reliable, but they're meant to go on rifles that are going into harm's way. The clarity is very good, but if you want to get everything out of that L-W barrel, I'd look for something a bit more precise. Another poster mentioned Nightforce and I'd also look at Leupold's L/RT line as well as the Vortex Viper series.
RLTW
11 years 9 months ago #11966

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!