Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Buis Rapid Transition Sites 45 degree offset

• Thank you received: 216

Buis Rapid Transition Sites 45 degree offset was created by Libertarian623

Looking at ordering some. Have never used them but the moment I saw them it seemed kinda obvious. One of those moments where you scratch your head and think I should have thought of that. Just looking for input from someone with experience with them . I do know they are gaining respect in the three gun matches.
11 years 3 months ago #15356

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Buis Rapid Transition Sites 45 degree offset

I gave my nephew a set for Christmas. They seem to work fine on his AR-15. They wouldn't have worked on my basic flat top AR-10 with the receiver and the gas block being at different heights though. I haven't seen a set made specifically for the AR-10 but that doesn't mean they aren't out there.
I think the biggest advantage my nephew has seen is the ability to leave the sights in place and switch between red dot and scope. I like the idea of not needing to flip any levers or push any buttons to use the irons, just twist and shoot, it didn't seem to take as much twist as I had thought it would. I wasn't any better or any worse a shot than I am with regular irons, my eyes are getting old no matter where I put the sights! :pinch:
LIBERTY FIRST!
11 years 3 months ago #15357

• Thank you received: 17

Replied by Wizard509 on topic Buis Rapid Transition Sites 45 degree offset

I have a set of the Dueck Rapid Transition Sights on my Stag Model 7 (6.8 SPC) and think they work VERY well. In fact, I recently ordered a second set (with Tritium inserts) to go on my SuperSASS.

To the best of my knowledge, all of Dueck's pieces are for "same plane" installations. I replaced the factory gas block on the 6.8 with one from PRI.

Oh, Dueck now offers pieces for left-handed shooters (like me).
11 years 3 months ago #15372

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic Buis Rapid Transition Sites 45 degree offset

Have you guys got any photos of these things installed? I'm interested - been looking for something more for my M4 (Benelli) actually but the darn sights are so low compared to the rail height so it took forever for me to find mounts that I could use AND still use the irons...
11 years 3 months ago #15374

• Thank you received: 17

Replied by Wizard509 on topic Buis Rapid Transition Sites 45 degree offset

Sharkey, let me know if these do not show what you need. I can probably locate some calipers and give you the "over the rail" dimension if that would help.

Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by Wizard509. Reason: Add another image file.
11 years 3 months ago #15375

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic Buis Rapid Transition Sites 45 degree offset

Those are perfect Wiz and thanks. I'm afraid the flat top plates are just too thick like all the rest of the stuff I've seen.

I've got split rings on my M4 right now and it's the ONLY thing I've been able to find that'll work. They aren't too rugged but are holding up so far.

I appreciate the efforts Sir and thank you... :thumbs:
11 years 3 months ago #15376

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Buis Rapid Transition Sites 45 degree offset

Thanks for the confirmation on these, its worth a try.I just think they will be indispensable once I get used to them.
11 years 3 months ago #15378

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by j1mmyr1chter on topic Buis Rapid Transition Sites 45 degree offset

Guys I know this thread is dated, but I have a set of these that the original owner of my AR10 had put on, but when I laser bore sight, I cant get these things to line up AT ALL. Am I missing something? I read above somebody mention that they may not work on AR10? Did I get screwed on these sights?
"Never play leapfrog with a Unicorn"
11 years 1 month ago #17502

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Buis Rapid Transition Sites 45 degree offset

Jim, I still don't have a rifle to mount them on (waiting) but would say a rail is a rail, it should work regardless of whether it a Ar10 or a M4 or a 590 for that matter. Are you familiar with this type of site ( ie how to adjust the front post and rear aperture). They should all be able to get you a 100 meter zero. If your having a problem, maybe its not a matched set, or something is out of spec (look for signs of damage), lastly maybe try a shim if they are not off by to far. Or just scrape em and get a different set. As soon as I get something to mount mine to I will report back with range results.
11 years 1 month ago #17505

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic Buis Rapid Transition Sites 45 degree offset

What exactly is not working out for you? I'd like to help, but I need to know whats not lining up. Also, have you tried just regular zero? I've never had much luck using a laser boresight with irons.

These types of sights are good for transition from a scope when targets are too close or too quick for for an optics field of view. While it is possible to shoot well with sights like these, they are really more for "minute of 8 ring" up close stuff than a true back up sight.
I really want a set, but the price is a bit steep. I can do a burris fastfire for less than the night version.
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
11 years 1 month ago #17508

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!