Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

VLTOR Modpod

• Thank you received: 21

VLTOR Modpod was created by Moby

I've been searching for the right bipod and the VLTOR Modpod looks promising. But $190 for the product is just way over priced.

One of the things I like about them how ever is mounting them farther back on my hangard and on the sides of the rail. I do not have a freefloating type and am concerned with accuracy. I'm thinking mounting as shown on their website moght help with that. Thoughts??

www.vltor.com/modpod.htm
11 years 2 months ago #16795

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic VLTOR Modpod

I have the tango down version with the same legs, but the more traditional mount. First thing that happened was the outer edge of the feet snapped off. Not a real biggie because the bi pod still works fine, just for the price paid I expected better attention to stuff like that. Another thing about the legs is that when extended they feel very flimsy. I may be wrong about it because I never used the bipod with the legs all the way out for fear of breaking them off.

I do like the way the modpod mounts as it gives a good wide stance and lowers the center of gravity a bit. Having it set back like that is good too as it can give you a good balance when prone, but tends to tip forward a bit on a bench.

I'll see if I can post up some pics of the damaged parts and give you detail shots of the legs.
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moby
11 years 2 months ago #16799

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic VLTOR Modpod

Any bipod may be good for the range but if these are mounted all the time on the weapon, wouldn't they interfere with your grip if you have to go mobile - shoulder firing with a more traditional grip rather than the bench rest grip?

I've got a Harris that, with my Armalite aluminum railed handguards, can easily be moved back almost to the mag if I want it there but usually sits in a position just ahead of where my hand lands when gripping for shoulder fire.

Setting something up solely for range fire is nice but I tend to think in a more "I'm on the move and need to keep things versatile" way and anything interfering with my hands in those areas seems iffy to me...

I could be wrong though since I'm just going by the photo in the link..
11 years 2 months ago #16801

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic VLTOR Modpod

Moby my friend...I just want to put in my :twocents:

Here is a set up you might like...

www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/view/product/15/

www.midwayusa.com/product/206805/harris-...-mount-9-to-13-black

and just to add something for stability...but you could always add it later...

www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/view/product/28/

That is the Set up I go with...again...just my :twocents: worth...
BMS

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

and with the Quad rail hand guard...

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
11 years 2 months ago #16804

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic VLTOR Modpod

What hand grip is that and you showed two diff pics, does the second one have a free float?
11 years 2 months ago #16825

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!