Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

can anyone recomend a biod

• Thank you received: 0

can anyone recomend a biod was created by superbee

i am considering the harris shown on this site,but i wanted some feedback before i purchase one.

i will probably get one with a swivel.

i will be using this for deer hunting in a large permanent deer stand and target shooting.

any help would be much appreciated.

-SUPERBEE-
13 years 9 months ago #4673

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by Edge on topic Re:can anyone recomend a biod

I would definately get one with the swivel option. I would not get one of the Harris "look alikes". They are not in the same quality league.

There are other bipods out there that are better, but you're going to pay a lot more. The Harris is a good choice for what you want to do.
13 years 9 months ago #4681

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:can anyone recomend a biod

Hey my friend.....Edge....are you sure about that one....I have a Shooter's Ridge Rock mount...and it is seriously tough...mean no offense my friend...but Shooter's Ridge makes some good Bi-pod for the price....I think the Harris is becoming just like every thing else in the gun world...once they get some Military contracts...their prices go up....all in all Shooter's ridge standard mount, like the one in my pictures...is a very solid well made mount for around $50....they also make the one with the swivel head as well...that will be my next one...most likely....SB...stay away from those plastic one....I know a few that regret ever buying them....by steel....
that is my .02 worth...
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
13 years 9 months ago #4682

BMS,

No offense taken...........but, yeah, I'm sure..........
13 years 9 months ago #4688

Replied by superbee on topic Re:can anyone recomend a biod

thanks for your help guys i will check on both of them online tonite

-superbee-
13 years 9 months ago #4717

Replied by The Duck of Death on topic Re:can anyone recomend a biod

There are a lot of bipods that are better than the Harris ones out there. Google GG&G bipods.

I have a Harris and they are lite, but kind of flimsy.

What are you going to be using it for?
13 years 9 months ago #4719

Superbee,

What price range are you looking at? There are better than the Harris, but you're going to pay. Buy once, cry once.... :laugh:
13 years 9 months ago #4757

Replied by Redneck_Riot on topic Re:can anyone recomend a biod

Do yourself a favor and buy a stout bipod that will last for years, Harris engineering is a good option but imho there are many manufacturers out there that have a superior product.

I have a GGG on my SASS and I love it, used it for a while in my unit and can attest to this product as being one of the toughest most well made bipods I have ever used. GGG are spendy right around 220.00 but it will last you a very long time, plus no unsightly springs exposed on outside to hang up on anything.

Tango Down is my second choice, both have the canting option you are looking for.

but like the last poster wrote, it really does depend on what application you will be using the bipod for. I am a full time infantryman who regularly beats the crap out of all my issued equipment and must have super tough well made kit, but if you are just going to be situated in a rest and will not need the added strength or girth you cannot go wrong with a Harris or a rock mountain, versa-pod all good low price options.

Good luck-
13 years 9 months ago #4870

Replied by Joezak50 on topic Re:can anyone recomend a biod

Your choice of the swivel model will depend upon what your primary stand shooting position will be. Look at the 13-25 inch model if you are sitting or kneeling. :)
13 years 9 months ago #4965

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Re:can anyone recomend a biod

GG&G, VersaPod, and CAA all make very stout bipods. If you feel like stabilizing the butt end, take a look at the Accushot mono pod. I use the Harris for hunting with light weight bolt actions though. It's lighter than the others. As true with most things, you get what you pay for. The market has a way of balancing all that out.
13 years 8 months ago #4967

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!